Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Third Pattern FS Fighting Knife

Article about: Here is something I have been working for some time now. I was not going to post this until I had all three patterns completed but have run into some technical difficulties lately, also a fe

Default Third Pattern FS Fighting Knife

Here is something I have been working for some time now. I was not going to post this until I had all three patterns completed but have run into some technical difficulties lately, also a few distractions. I have decided to share and will post the others when I have them complete.

It is made from O1 tool steel with a hidden tang that is threaded on the end. The guard is also made from tool steel. The handle and tang nut are made of brass and this is fully dis-mountable.
    The sheath is made from leather, dyed and machine sewn down the reverse seam, the tabs are hand sewn on. The tip is made from two pieces of sheet brass that have been formed, dressed and soldered together, Then they are blued. The top of the sheath is machine sewn to incorporate the elastic and then I run a hand stitched seam across the joint to reduce the strain on the rivets. The rivets are individually machined on my lathe and then "set" into the leather. At this point in time, I have not perfected the rivets or the riveting process so that is one of the things that still needs to be worked on.
    Enjoy!
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice Ralph! I knew you liked to do some machining but didn't know you were building such fine knives.

Although I have seen this type of knife in the past, I am unfamiliar with the sheaths. How are the leather tabs used that are attached to the rear seam? Thanks, Bob

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Very nice Ralph! I knew you liked to do some machining but didn't know you were building such fine knives.

Although I have seen this type of knife in the past, I am unfamiliar with the sheaths. How are the leather tabs used that are attached to the rear seam? Thanks, Bob
    Thank you Bob!
    They are used to fasten to y-straps and other gear for easy access, sometimes upside down.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Amazing quality of craftsmanship!!!

Quote by Martin C View Post
    Amazing quality of craftsmanship!!!
    Thank you Martin!
    Ralph.

Thanks Ralph. And another question, what is the double pointed wooden item shown? Sorry if this is quite obvious

Thanks Ralph. And another question, what is the double pointed wooden item shown? Sorry if this is quite obvious
    A tooth pick?
    Ralph.

Are you serious Are these miniature knives?????

Are you serious Are these miniature knives?????
    Yes, hence my user name.
    Ralph.

wow, great skills on show here !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast