Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Third pattern I believe

Article about: Hi guys I'm helping a friend sell a collection of knives that belong to his 90 year old uncle. The uncle has to go to a nursing facility for health reasons. Ok hears the problem are they jun

?

Default Third pattern I believe

Hi guys I'm helping a friend sell a collection of knives that belong to his 90 year old uncle. The uncle has to go to a nursing facility for health reasons. Ok hears the problem are they junk or are they something that could help him make a little money . the silver one has a 4 on the hilt and the darker one has a 1 on the hilt . both are marked England on the cross guard . these are the only photos I have . thanks for any help . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third pattern I believe   Third pattern I believe  

Third pattern I believe   Third pattern I believe  

Third pattern I believe  

Gary the 3rd pattern FS knives look the most interesting there. Any broad arrow mark? I'm thinking late war manufacture, though the silver one might be immediate post war. The chape on the scabbard lacks a front rivet. The "England" mark indicates these were part of the post war export surplus stock sold off by the UK and exported to America.
    Most of the other knives of lessor interest, except maybe the folding machete. That dagger with the gauntlet fist grip is post war Solingen made export for US market in '50 & '60's. Not particularly valuable.

I agree with the above opinion. The FS knives are late war or just after.
    The folding machete is collectible. Who made it and how it is marked would determine
    how collectible. It appears to be in wonderful condition. Old switchblades are also collectible
    depending on where and when it was made.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

The switchblades are both in great shape one is a colonial tru snap and the other is latama Italy marked. The folding machete is mint and I don't remember the maker off hand. Thanks guys for looking now I have a better understanding on where to start to look for prices for him thanks again. Gary

?

A photo of the Italian switchblade

?

The photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third pattern I believe  

?

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    The photo
    Thats a pretty knife...

MAP
    ?

You can almost just make out the maker of the machete. It's on the blade near the spine I think. but photo resolution hinders indentification
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

cattaraugus folding machete and it is mint

?

Yes it is Ethan I might have to buy it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast