Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

m38 helmet ET87 A

Article about: Hello, First time posting here really, been looking for quite a time though. Recently i came across a m38 helmet, got it quite cheap (20 euro). Ive been collecting german helmets for a while

Default m38 helmet ET87 A

Hello, First time posting here really, been looking for quite a time though.
    Recently i came across a m38 helmet, got it quite cheap (20 euro).
    Ive been collecting german helmets for a while now, but i dont really have any experience for Fallschirmjäger helmets.

Im aware only ET made the helmet.
    The one i am in possession of is marked ET 87 A, i know Quist did test helmets which got marked with an A or B, and did not have a batch number.
    This got me wondering for the m38 DD helmet i have, which does not have a batch number either, and are instead marked with ET 87 A. I know there was no helmet marked size 87, only 66 68 71.

Check photos for more detail.
    Hoping for some information

Sincerely Will
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m38 helmet ET87 A   m38 helmet ET87 A  

m38 helmet ET87 A   m38 helmet ET87 A  

m38 helmet ET87 A   m38 helmet ET87 A  

m38 helmet ET87 A  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m38 helmet ET87 A
    P
    Many

One helmet I don't have so I'll leave this to those that know the M38. I can tell you the rolled edge and that font on the ET don't look right to me. Wait for more experienced opinions though.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Will

Photos are less than clear and sorry to say, especially on your first post, but its an artificially aged repro helmet. Agree on the rolled edges and font.

But also the shape, liner and the pads.

Although I can not see in detail, the decal is a fake as well.

Most likely the typical "Chinese" fakes that are all around the market.

Compare to many here on the forum, but also look at this link. A great resource for beginner and advance collectors alike.

Fallschirmjager helmets – German Helmet Vault

A legit DD M38 helmet in solid condition would run probably well over $10,000+
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a fake to me ,not one I would want

I know nothing about these....but the price alone is quite a good guide in this case...and if what you’re looking for is a display piece to 99.99% of the population you’ve got a nice piece..in fact, repro ‘38s are twice that price in the UK. You have to decide if you want a stand-in until you find (and can afford) the real thing......or get your money back and look for the remaining 9,980 Euro....:-)

There’s an awful lot of collectors who’ve KNOWINGLY bought a stand-in ‘38.......and you can get a lot of other lids for 9,980 Euro.....hell, you might even get a jeep!

Thanks for the help all!