Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover

Article about: I got a cold war german paratrooper helmet not to long ago and really enjoy it being in the collection. The helmet came with a odd helmet cover I have never seen before. A few people have sa

Default Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover

I got a cold war german paratrooper helmet not to long ago and really enjoy it being in the collection. The helmet came with a odd helmet cover I have never seen before. A few people have said it was made for the paratrooper helmets in the 60s but others have said it was left over camo material from ww2 made into a helmet cover at a later time. Really not sure to be honest. Any help would be great thank you. Sorry again for the picture being turned around still cant get them to post on here right
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover   Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover  

Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover   Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover  

Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover   Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cold War German paratrooper helmet strange helmet cover
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not a WW2 Camo pattern that I have ever seen.

Maybe that someone was thinking it was Palmenmuster but it is different.

Here is a link. I don't claim to be versed in this subject, so not sure if this article is accurate or note.

https://www.artizandesigns.com/guide...anpatterns.pdf
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hmmm It does appear to look similar to the Palmenmuster very cool not good with camo at all don’t think it’s a repro though havnt been able to find one like it anywhere

The "left over cammo material from ww2 story" won't fly as the material is not the type used during WW2. That is clear enlarging the last photo. Someone has printed what looks like inspired by Palmenmuster pattern, but we can be sure it was all made post 1945.

RSW
    ?

I know of a firm, since gone out of business, in the US called Krupper Militaria. Krupper dealt in reproduction uniforms & insignia and produced some odd variants of SS camouflage that they invented themselves, patterns that never existed during the war. One of them they called their Wolfshed pattern, it was obviously SS influenced but was never used by the SS.

I do not know if your helmet cover was something Krupper produced or not. But in my (non-expert) opinion I believe your cover is post war.

Hope this helps.

Thank you really didn’t think it was ww2 fabric was to new for it to be that old. A buddy of mine collects post war german helmets and I showed him the cover also he thought it was made for the bundeswehr paratroopers in the 60s or 70s but he also wasn’t sure. Thanks for all the help

Possible a "Versuchsmuster"