Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Cursed Fallschirmjaeger Helmet?

Article about: by Isle of Wighter Well.. about 2 months after I bought my first helmet I was in a near miss with a white Ford transit van which resulted in a smashed driver side window for me, then I bough

Default Re: Cursed Fallschirmjaeger Helmet?

So you mannaged to find some one sending you the helmet before the paypal payement was send!
    That I call "weird"!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I dont remember saying that :-) (but feel free to invent things - that is after all, what I did).
    I dont check my PP account on a daily basis - Im not that anal.
    WHEN I quite by chance checked it several days after receiving said lid, there was an amount missing! ;-)
    To this day,I have no explanation let alone a plausible story to offer my GF for the happenings!
    Thats my story and Im sticking to it!

Quote by Scout View Post
    I dont remember saying that :-) (but feel free to invent things - that is after all, what I did).
    I dont check my PP account on a daily basis - Im not that anal.
    WHEN I quite by chance checked it several days after receiving said lid, there was an amount missing! ;-)
    To this day,I have no explanation let alone a plausible story to offer my GF for the happenings!
    Thats my story and Im sticking to it!
    I too believe that anything is possible and that there is more to every story than what the eye can see..

I know what you ment, just couldn't help refeering to a (real!!) story I was involved in regarding a helmet being send (or not!) before paypal payement!
    Totaly of topic!! Never mind!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Many years ago I purchased a stack of WW2 Brit MkII helmets (back when they were 10 bucks each). Most were bog standard, totally boring and unremarkable. One, however, stood out. Overpainted sand color, badly worn and with many dings and dents, with significant black staining of one side of the chinstrap and corrosion of that side of the inner helmet. I pulled it out and added it to my collection room.
    From then on, any quiet time in the collection room would make me feel uncomfortable, as though someone was watching. It was odd, and although I tried to ignore it, I just could not. Then my lamp in the room began acting up. I would turn it on, leave the room for something and come back to...darkness. Lamp is off! this went on for about a year.
    Finally while re-organizing things one day I picked up the helmet and it felt as though an electric shock went up my arm! That was enough for me; the helmet was placed into a box and moved to an outbuilding, and sold at the next gunshow for next to nothing.
    Once moved out of the room, the feeling of someone looking over my shoulder vanished, and I never had another problem with the lamp in that room.
    Take from this what you want; I know what I felt and experienced. I think sometimes objects can be charged with a negativity and carry it like a battery, and I'm pretty certain that old Tommy helmet carried something bad with it. I did tell the new owner what I thought, but he clearly thought me to be imagining it.

I have "stories" relating to two items I've owned, nothing very definite but here they are in case anyone's interested.

1. A very ordinary M1915 grey metal pickelhaube. I left this in our bedroom before going away for a day or two. On my return Mrs. W told me she was sure she'd heard the faint sound of a brass band playing during the night. It was a tune she'd heard before and which we established was "Alte Kameraden". It never happened again. I have the same helmet three feet away as I write.

2. A near-complete uniform to a WW1 British artilleryman who survived the war. With it were some letters to him from his brother who'd been killed. I laid all the kit out on the bed and started reading the letters. As I did so I had a very strong sense of someone standing nearby and regarding me with outraged indignation. I don't know what anyone else would have done but I said aloud that I apologised for the intrusion, that I meant no disrespect and that I would look after all these things and make sure no harm came to them. I didn't get that feeling again but I was uncomfortable with this group and a friend now has it. I presume he's read the letters but he's never said anything about it.

I've had many other things through my hands that should have been "haunted", but these were the only two that had any effect whatever.

I have quite a lot of grave found helmets and stuff, however no bad vibes or anything (at least for now lol).

Thanks for resurrecting Leon. Interesting reads.... Don't believe in ghost myself.

But safe to say a lot of us own items from arguably the darkest time in human history.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567