Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?

Article about: Pick up a book about German helmets. Much better reference. ;-)

Default Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?

Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?Hello,

never have seen a para helmet before this one. any opinion on this one?
    The problem with this one is that I do not see any numbers or codes in the rim.
    Strap is (made?) dirty but used to be blue. leather is (made?) dirty and used to be very light yellowish.

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default re: Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?

No good.

?

Fake ones can go for that price as well, thats not the deciding factor, its a fake for a number of reasons

Quote by davejb View Post
    Fake ones can go for that price as well, thats not the deciding factor, its a fake for a number of reasons
    For too many reasons to list. Before wading into the treacherous waters of high end headgear, it would be best to get a few good reference books, study them, and go to shows and hold, smell, and compare as many helmets as you can to see what you should be looking for before you consider risking a substantial amount of cash on a dream, and definitely post pictures on a forum or 2 before taking the plunge until you are confident enough to make the call without help. The guys here know a whole heck of a lot, and I believe have saved a number of forum members a ton of money over the years, myself included. Good luck with the hunt, but be careful. Jim G.

?

Willamketel where on earth are you looking for helmets??? Every one youve posted thus far appears to be trash. I would buy some reference books and study up, and change where you are looking.

Too many guys troll these useless auction sites looking for the needle in the haystack without even knowing what the needle is supposed to look like. It's actions like these that breed fakes like these in the first place.

?

Looks like ebay as the guys covering up the swastika

Default Re: Double decal M38 Fallschirmjäger: real or fake?

The tricolor shield looks too close the the bottom..

?

Kylesbullets, is this the only problem you can see with this helmet, there are numerous indications as to why its a fake, and more blatantly apparent than the decals, Jims advice re good reference books and personally handling as many real ones as possible is advice well given, it really is the only way to learn, especially with these so called elitist helmets, too many fakes are appearing that have nearly all the qualities of a real one, even makers marks, well aged leather, rubber padding etc

It looks like somebody bought a brand new Chinese copy off ebay and took a sh*t in it, frankly.

Was just stating a reason that I could see clearly. I know there are others to be spotted. Need to pick up a book about German paratroopers......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast