Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi Guys, just joined the forum today, I have always wanted to collect german helmets, but have always been wary of doing so because of the amount of reproduction stuff available now. The fac

Jock
    ?

Default Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?

Hi Guys, just joined the forum today, I have always wanted to collect german helmets, but have always been wary of doing so because of the amount of reproduction stuff available now. The fact i am a total beginner also and know nothing about helmets whatsoever means i stand a very good chance of being suckered into buying a fake. Just recently came into a small amount of money and decided i would love to have a Fallschirmjaeger helmet, ive always wanted one, but could never afford it...tracked this one down and the seller says its totally genuine (although he would say that). any comments on its authenticity would be greatly appreciated. Ive posted the photographs recieved and have had the helmet sent to me on approval, which is why i dearly need some advice quickly, so i can return it if it turns out to be a fake.

Sorry...uploaded the same pic twice...tried to delete the duplicate but dont know how...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?   Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?  

Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?   Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?  

Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?   Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?  

Last edited by Jock; 01-28-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: uploaded same picture twice

2. # ADS

Default Re: Fallschirmjaeger Helmet Real or Fake?

Hi Jock, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to say this helmet needs to be returned as soon as possible. It is a fake.

Incorrect shape to the shell, incorrect markings, fake all round...

Cheers, Ade.

Jock
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jock, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to say this helmet needs to be returned as soon as possible. It is a fake.

Incorrect shape to the shell, incorrect markings, fake all round...

Cheers, Ade.
    WOW...that was quick...thanks very much for your advice Ade, I thought it was too good to be true...I'll get onto him tomorrow and cancel the sale.

The old adage is more than often true when it comes to buying militaria....

Post any future potential purchases here before you think about buying.

Cheers, Ade.

Jock
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The old adage is more than often true when it comes to buying militaria....

Post any future potential purchases here before you think about buying.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, I guess so...wish i had found this forum before i accepted the helmet on approval.....would have saved me the cost of return postage.

yes the minute i looked at it i thought fake.This makes this forum so important to a new collector when he can ask advice from guys who have knowledge on the subject,especially when there is big money invovled for say a Fallschirmjager helmet!!This guy in particular has been saved from loosing many hundreds of pounds ,well done guys!!

Jock
    ?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    yes the minute i looked at it i thought fake.This makes this forum so important to a new collector when he can ask advice from guys who have knowledge on the subject,especially when there is big money invovled for say a Fallschirmjager helmet!!This guy in particular has been saved from loosing many hundreds of pounds ,well done guys!!

I'll second that...The replies were so quick, I managed to even stop the thing being sent out on approval, so its saved me the return postage....thanks again guys

Hi Jock, that is great

Cheers, Ade.