MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?

Article about: Hello all, just spotted this for sale with the following photo's. It's for sale at £300 and the old adage springs to mind - 'if it looks too good to be true it probably is'. Just like to sha

Default Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?

Hello all,

just spotted this for sale with the following photo's. It's for sale at £300 and the old adage springs to mind - 'if it looks too good to be true it probably is'. Just like to share and hear your learned views from the photo's offered.

Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?
    Attached Images Attached Images Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?  Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?  Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?  Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?  Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?  Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?  Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?

I know nothing about helmets but £300 is far too cheap for this sort of helmet. I read on here a scam by someone who copies pictures of helmets posts them for sale then simply disapears with the money. Tread carefully.

i would say the surface rust is new rust ,old rust of 70 years is much darker

Many many problems....

Rim edge roll
    Incorrect pressing for the liner bolts, look how the spanner bolts sit proud
    chinstraps contruction and colour
    liner spanner bolt nuts: these should be high quality steel

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks chaps, always of great interest to read your points of view. The seller is selling a number of helmets on gumtree as we speak, and an SS belt and buckle. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?Fallschirmjager helmet going too cheap to be true?

Here is the link to the page for more views of each item. Is it all dubious I wonder?

Ww2 in United Kingdom | All Classifieds | Gumtree.com

The guy is an internationally known CROOK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I've just noticed the same helmet posted on another thread! What a bum. I'd never get taken in by this because I'm far too tight but someone might.

?

Pawel on the prowl again.