Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?

Article about: What else gives this away as a fake apart from the rim so we know for the future? Cheers.

Default Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?

Hi all, a few days back i uploaded a picture of a Fallschirmjager helmet which i had picked up and wondered about the rust.
    It has now arrived and i have attached more pictures. I'm still verging on the fake side (which is what i was expecting).

Opinions welcome and appreciated.

- - Updated - -

It looks like someone has varnished it? Whether this has been to make it look old or try to preserve?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?   Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?  

Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?   Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?  

Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?

It looks like there might be a varnish? Possibly to age it, but maybe to preserve it?

Its a fake I am affraid Vicky, do hope you did not pay alot for it !

Nope

I bought it as a Repro so its fine. One day (in the distant future) i would love an original, so it can just sit in a spot keeping it warm just in case i get one.........Ie i will leave it there with a big post it saying "REPLACE ME FOR ORIGINAL" around my birthday to drop hints for James. LOL!

- - Updated - -

Can i ask what the tell tale signs are?

haha, there are some good replica's out there if you really want one !!! I do hope James has several spare £1000's to spend, they are not cheap !!!

- - Updated - -

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Nope

I bought it as a Repro so its fine. One day (in the distant future) i would love an original, so it can just sit in a spot keeping it warm just in case i get one.........Ie i will leave it there with a big post it saying "REPLACE ME FOR ORIGINAL" around my birthday to drop hints for James. LOL!

- - Updated - -

Can i ask what the tell tale signs are?
    All of it !!

Seriously, its a one looker poor cheap repro. The one big give away is the rim of the shell

I'm worth it (i hope!).

Its good to have something to work towards, makes it more special when you finally get it.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I'm worth it (i hope!).

Its good to have something to work towards, makes it more special when you finally get it.
    Be carefull Vicky, relic hunting can be very addictive ! Try and keep to one area, will save you alot of money and frustration !!!

Its not just me that cant keep to one area, its both of us which makes it worse! Haha.

- - Updated - -

And im already addicted!

Heres a good one, always look for the machine tool mark on the inner shell rim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager helmet. Real or Repro?  

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    There was a original one posted sans this mark a few weeks ago, but it is probably the easiest way to tell, though not 100% reliable.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    There was a original one posted sans this mark a few weeks ago, but it is probably the easiest way to tell, though not 100% reliable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast