Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for review

Article about: Hello guys, I came across this nice helmet on a dealersite. I like him a lot but just want some opinions on it please. Kris.

?

Default FALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for review

Hello guys, I came across this nice helmet on a dealersite. I like him a lot but just want some opinions on it please.

FALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for reviewFALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for review

Kris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for review
    P
    Many

?

Default re: FALLSCHIRMJAGER HELMET for review

All evening no replys....?

The top 8 is down so there are little replies on all forums, to me it looks ok but someone with more knowledge is needed.

For one thing, I'm not seeing the rust pattern of the wire on the helmet itself?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This one is difficult, it looks ok but the photos you need of areas aren't there. I don't know if he wire is original, just don't have he pics to see it properly. Of the ones we have it doesn't relate to the helmet well. I would want to see the chinstraps more, the shape of then helmet( more of the front), the liner seam, paint closeups unblurred etc.

At this stage could be good, or may have been pimped up.

Jason

?

It is my understanding that European chicken wire has a left hand twist rather than right hand.
    The uneven stamps of the maker and lot number cause me to wonder also.
    The lack of wire wear and rust transfer to the helmet leads me to doubt the authenticity of the helmet.

?

Not an expert on FJ's, so I won't comment on the lid itself, but there
    doesn't appear to be any interaction between wire and helmet.
    I'd say it's a recent addition.

Brad

the helmet is a good helmet(thats just my opinion). i also think the chickenwire has been put on later. becaused the rust don't fit the same.
    But that's IMOP not a problem , if its a authentic helmet and the chicken wire also.
    Its a nice reconstruction with real deal pieces ,)

?

I would say the wire is a post war add on, from these photos there are no wear marks where the wire hooks meet the rim of the helmet, the helmet itself has some of the traits of an original, the milling marks formed when the rolled edge is made, the general shape of the front, an indication of the price range would give some idea but not certain on authenticity, the liner has the look of original aged leather but this too can be faked, the lettering font appears to be ok, but the stamps are available

The pics are too small to allow firm opinions to be offered IMO. It appears to have had a decal dug out, which might be a good sign that the helmet is real (or a clever fakers touch), but as others have said the wire is not convincing and must have been done before the wire was added. I'd like to see bigger photos of the liner and the straps and in focus pictures of the stampings.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.