Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?

Article about: I am new to collecting WWII German pieces but I came across a WWII collection that I could not refuse. The fellow that owned this and a whole bunch of other stuff was 1st Lt Wm. Frank Lambet

Default Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?

I am new to collecting WWII German pieces but I came across a WWII collection that I could not refuse. The fellow that owned this and a whole bunch of other stuff was 1st Lt Wm. Frank Lambeth. He served in the 81st Chemical Mortar Battalion, company A. This helmet was captured by him some time between June 13th when he landed in France and August 3rd when he wrote home asking if they had received it yet. I have other helmets, uniforms, hats, flags, and a lot of field gear from the fellow. Some of which I wish to ask about and some I will just show because I think it is interesting and I hope you all will enjoy it.
    Let me know what you think
    Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?   Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?  

Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?   Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?  

Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?   Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?
    P
    Many

Default re: Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?

here are some more pictures of the liner. I forgot to mention before, the bullet hit the front of the helmet and appears to have deflected upwards. I am sure it did not kill him but I feel certain it would have given the soldier good incentive to surrender :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?   Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?  

?

Default re: Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?

Looks like a nice Fallschirmjaeger helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Fallschirmjager helmet - What do you all think of this?

Indeed . The close up of the chinstraps show what looks to be a cut and restitched part , often indicating the owners being hurt if not more !

?

Love the helmet!! if only it could talk. I would love to see your other items.

Andy

Right as rain. Congrat's. Jim G.

That is a very nice honest lid with a nice honest bullet or shrapnel hole to the upper forehead.

rgds, Ty

3mk
    ?

I didnt want to start a new thread so i hope you guys can help me
    How much would a relic fallschirmjager helmet with no decal or liner go for?With alot of traces of the original paint
    Thanks

?

Hi, I bought these relic shells for about £300.00 each. They do have traces of decals and are free from dents or holes. I thought that this price was very good. I have seen shells with serious Battle Damage and no paint or decals sell for £700.00 on the internet. I have also seen shells in the condition of mine sell for £900.00. Are you attempting to buy a shell or are you selling?. If you have pictures, Post them and someone will gove you a bang on estimate. If you Google what you are looking for, you will see what dealers are selling them for. Apologies for piggy-backing this thread..

Cheers

Andy

3mk
    ?

Thanks Andy
    My helmet is in the same condition rust wise as yours but mine has 1 little shrapnel hole i think in the top and a little crack at the side.I cant get a pic right now but ill try to get one soon once again thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast