Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet

Article about: Mark, Tactful refers to Ades, Paul's, and my comments prior to your post 9. Your post 9 is what invited Ned's comments which you are taking waaaay out if context and very personally. If I as

Default Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet

Jim
    Here are some better pics of the shell of my paratroop. The inside is a size 59 head on a 71 shell. Just like you said. My main goal is to verify the shell and the strap...I understand that the inside is often faked...but you have to love that sticker on the shell
    Also the chamos on the chin strap is a beauty...it has real patena,
    Discover

MarkFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet
    P
    Many

Default re: Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet

Hi Mark, I am very sorry to say I have real concerns that the whole helmet might be fake? A massive concern is the rim and how this appears from the outside, as it should not, and this indicative of a fake.

Could you show a good close up of the markings stamped on it please? If it is marked "ET 71" with a gap between the numbers and the letters it is bad. Should look like this "ET71". Also if the font design of the number 1 has a "foot" (like the type face used here) it is also bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default re: Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet

Close up of the decal as well please Mark !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet

To illustrate my points made earlier, here is a fake example, note the markings. On this one the fakers had corrected the footed 1.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Another Czech fake, this time with the later war markings of "ckl" but still with the footed 1.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet  

Now shown are two originals, early style markings on the left, and later "ckl" markings along with the lot number found on the back of the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet   Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet  

Here are a few detail pics of my original early spanner bolt, single decal, M38 size 68.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet   Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet  

Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet   Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet  

?

Those were my concerns as well Ade but I did not want to say anything as FJ is not my area of defined expertise. Closeups of the lot number and maker stamp and decal (sticker) are needed.

Smile Re: Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet

More photos. Bright sun shots....no place tohide Well the fakes you shoed looked like fakes even from my untrained eye....numbers were either american or not even straight. My numbers are European and perfectly straight...a small gap...but they all have small gap that I have seen here...if the originals did not have a small gap then the fakers would never have left a gap. Make sense????

The fakers have real ones that they use as pattern I guess. ? Logic.

You know what guys? I have been very open to critics...I want to learn...but....This takes the fun out of collecting helmets...

we dont have this problem with guns...you can tell a fake a mile away. I say...if it takes 100 photos and 100 posts to figure out if something does not match what the guys of authority has...then its too close to call and its not ethical to calla man's item a fake....

Now if it is a fake it should jump out immediately and not require so much hand ringing....just my opinion.

But thank you kindly for your interest

Fallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmetFallschirmjager M38 Paratroop helmet
    Last edited by discover; 12-10-2011 at 06:23 PM.

just to point out that fakes are constantly getting better and better and it is with help from the experts like ade (and paul i won't forget you )with loads of experience that we can tell if somethings fake or not
    now your helmet definatly has a bigger space than ades originals may not be too big but it is there.........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast