Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FJ helmet on Ebay - good or bad?

Article about: Currently up on Ebay and getting a LOT of attention ( as at writing over \\$1,300 ) is this FJ helmet. Not a one-look fake but aspects of it both seem good and bad to me. FAR from being any so

Default FJ helmet on Ebay - good or bad?

Currently up on Ebay and getting a LOT of attention ( as at writing over $1,300 ) is this FJ helmet.

Not a one-look fake but aspects of it both seem good and bad to me. FAR from being any sort of expert, I thought it best to show here for an assessment.

All may be fine, I know little of the nuances around these but the liner looks oiled and the helmet surface cleaned from being covered in surface rust?
    Item is in Hungary BTW......

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FJ helmet on Ebay - good or bad?   FJ helmet on Ebay - good or bad?  

FJ helmet on Ebay - good or bad?   FJ helmet on Ebay - good or bad?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ helmet on Ebay - good or bad?
    P
    Many

NEIN! A double decal would be an ET for starters, plus, the shape of the shell is way off. The shell is bad, the liner is bad, the decal is bad. No tool mark in the rolled edge. The font of the stamps is off. Bad to the bone. Some one is going to waste a lot of money. Jim G.

Thanks Jim!
    They're getting inventive with the fakes then.. a bit of work has gone into weathering this one.

?

As Jim has said it is missing all the obvious signs of an original , with FSJ lids learning those basics can save a lot of money !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Feeling embarrassed now that i was 1/2 convinced...

Well some muppet just paid US $2550 for this! A pretty hefty price for a reenactor helmet.....pushes a genuine up in value though.

i hope the new owner doesn't post it here looking for a pat on the head.

No doubt, the fool will eventually die and leave the treasure to his family to prosper from when they sell off his "collection". I've seen it a thousand times if once..."But Dad paid over Two Thousand Dollars for that helmet! He collected stuff for Years and He said that helmet was worth Big Money! You're just trying to rip us off!!"....Sorry,kids....Dad was a wearing a ventilated skull on the end of his neck...he blew your inheritance on worthless fake Garbage...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    No doubt, the fool will eventually die and leave the treasure to his family to prosper from when they sell off his "collection". I've seen it a thousand times if once..."But Dad paid over Two Thousand Dollars for that helmet! He collected stuff for Years and He said that helmet was worth Big Money! You're just trying to rip us off!!"....Sorry,kids....Dad was a wearing a ventilated skull on the end of his neck...he blew your inheritance on worthless fake Garbage...
    Sadly though, some unscrupulous dealers WILL rip off relatives disposing of collections of the deceased. They will tell them that genuine items are worthless junk. It happens with all kinds of collectibles. But in this case the FJ helmet is a one look piece of junk.