Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

fj helmet opinion

Article about: 1st, i want to say great forum here. im going to put up a few pics of a few things ive just gotten. and here is the basic story. these items were in my grandmothers basement. i remember them

logojoe
    ?

Default fj helmet opinion

1st, i want to say great forum here. im going to put up a few pics of a few things ive just gotten. and here is the basic story. these items were in my grandmothers basement. i remember them clearly as a child 35 years ago. well, she finally passed them on to my father, and he onto me. The basic story i was told was my grandfather was involved in some kind of securing of a "field office" and took these things. I was initially interested in selling the items as i have no real use for them, and i knew a collector could possibly appreciate them. Of course i have no definitive proff of the origin, but that is what i know. the box measures 18x16x5. i dont know what it was used for. its hinged and has a strap. the hinges are damaged, but it still functions fine. there used to be a leather handle, that had a lock incorporated into it, but it must have deteriorated and gotten misplaced. anyway, heres the pics. lets hear it!!! and thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fj helmet opinion   fj helmet opinion  

fj helmet opinion   fj helmet opinion  

2. # ADS

logojoe
    ?

Default Re: fj helmet opinion

on the inside of the liner there is what looks to be a "58" in black, and some red leter in marker of some sort reading either "lllh" or "4111". there are no visible stampings in the actual helmet, and i have no removed the liner. the chin strap is there, however the buckle has come off of the one side, but it is there still. the snap says "esha swip 3". couple more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fj helmet opinion   fj helmet opinion  

helmet is copy of a para helmet ,sorry !

?

Take a look at original FJ helmet in this thread to compare
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...ll-think-9147/
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Wasn't it the post war GSG9 helmets the ones that had the separate rim added ?

?

this is a post war German para helmet being sold on ebay at the mo looks to be the same as this one but without the fake decals applied

PARA HELMET BW FALLSCHIRMJÄGER HELM 1. Modell GSG9 KSK on eBay (end time 21-Jul-09 21:02:45 BST)
    Attached Images Attached Images fj helmet opinion  fj helmet opinion  fj helmet opinion  fj helmet opinion  fj helmet opinion  fj helmet opinion 

logojoe
    ?

so, what years were these produced? im 40 years old, i remember these items in the basement of my grandmothers house in the mid 1970's. so my guess would be it was well before then. were they made within 20 years of the end of the war? and how about the box? any info on that? though the patches on my grandfathers jacket seem to indicate pacific duty. im just trying to get a good idea of what it is, and what i should do with it. ie, put it on the curb in the trash, or hang onto them.

are you saying it is a gsg9 with decals added later? that would make more sense. and the added rim you speak of is the alum strip around the outer edge of the helmet. this one is spot welded on, which is suspect to me. this helmet seems to have the traditional style liner. not like the one in the attached link. were they interchangable?

thanks for the great info!

logojoe
    ?

i found this!

seems to go with the opinions voiced here. thanks guys!

GERMAN WWII PARATROOPER HELMET:

?

"The basic story i was told was my grandfather was involved in some kind of securing of a "field office" and took these things. "

Saw a pic of an alleged veteran who was interviewed by a US local paper and he was holding up what was clearly a fake SS helmet.
    Had a veterans son get upset showing me his fantasy SS armband his dad apparently brought back from WW2 but was made in the 60s.
    Too bad the veteran story gets abused as it makes the real stories tarnished.