Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FJ helmet. Real or Fake?

Article about: Dear all, I've had this in my collection for about ten years, but no idea if its real. I've had mixed opinions and would appreciate any feedback. There are no markings on the shell and the r

Default FJ helmet. Real or Fake?

Dear all,
    I've had this in my collection for about ten years, but no idea if its real. I've had mixed opinions and would appreciate any feedback. There are no markings on the shell and the remnants of a stamp on the dark liner. The liner stitching is also running north south rather than easts west, so has been mucked around with at some point. Any comments welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FJ helmet. Real or Fake?   FJ helmet. Real or Fake?  

FJ helmet. Real or Fake?   FJ helmet. Real or Fake?  

FJ helmet. Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ helmet. Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Before everyone piles in with their views.......I think it's important for you to answer a question yourself......do YOU like it? FJ's almost always turn out to be "wrong"....and unless you paid thousands for it that's often the case (and remember some HAVE paid thousands and got bad news)....but collecting is about what YOU like.....

I can't help re authenticity...but if you've had something for 10 years that says something too.

Good luck.

Thanks Composite. To answer your question, I love it! But then I'm no expert when it comes to authenticity, hence I'm appealing to those more knowledgeable.
    Cheers.

Hello ericklein9299,
    in my opinion this helmet is not a genuine piece. I can't see any good aspect of this helmet. I'm sorry.
    Best regards Thomas

Quote by Hanomag83 View Post
    Hello ericklein9299,
    in my opinion this helmet is not a genuine piece. I can't see any good aspect of this helmet. I'm sorry.
    Best regards Thomas
    Thanks for your reply, Hanomag.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Hanomag83 View Post
    Hello ericklein9299,
    Best regards Thomas
    Thomas,

What specifically is it that is turning you off about the helmet? Would love to hear your thoughts.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am sorry to say that this is a well known Chinese reproduction, everything is post War, shell, liner and chin strap.

Sadly as already stated, it is all bad.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ericklein299, sorry that you have received bad news. As a small consolation you have helped other future collectors who may be deceived by these deceptive creations.

I hope that karma visits you and you eventually acquire a nice original FJ helmet.

Andrew

Thankyou for the sentiment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast