Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flat rivets on late war FJ helmet ?

Article about: Looking on a late war FJ helemt. Price is about 2000€ and piqs will be posted here. Looks like a unmessed helmet but one thing is strange to me. Rivets on the one I have seen before have sqr

?

Default Flat rivets on late war FJ helmet ?

Looking on a late war FJ helemt. Price is about 2000€ and piqs will be posted here. Looks like a unmessed helmet but one thing is strange to me. Rivets on the one I have seen before have sqrewgroome but these are flat. Seller says it was standard for the last ones during the war production but I cant find any documentation. Can this be confirmed ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flat rivets on late war FJ helmet ?
    P
    Many

?

Flat rivets on late war FJ helmet ?Flat rivets on late war FJ helmet ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flat rivets on late war FJ helmet ?  

M38
    ?

These are regular helmet split rivets in place of the normal bolts. They were sometimes used as a field replacement but were not done in the factory. Occasionally seen but not common at all, and usually you just see one or two like this on a helmet, not all 4.

You know that the liner and straps are reproduction though, right?

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Is shell ok ? And what indicate repro for liner and rims ? FJ helemets is a minefield for me...

I wouldn't pay 2000 euros for a messed with FJ helmet.

M38
    ?

The shell and the paint look okay. The split rivets appear to be original also. The stitching and the rubber pads are the giveaway on the liner and the leather, stitching, and grommet holes are the giveaway on the straps although you have not shown a clear picture of the straps so hard to be sure. You would be buying only a real shell and some split rivets for 2000 euros and that is too much in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Terry