Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions

Article about: Hi Guys, This is my first post, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this German paratrooper helmet I picked up. Apparently it was picked up by a soldier stationed in Germany in the 70s. Stamped

Default German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this German paratrooper helmet I picked up.

Apparently it was picked up by a soldier stationed in Germany in the 70s. Stamped ET 71 (yes there's a gap which I've heard is bad and it looks rough), there's another stamp 3422 from what I can make out.

Please see the pics for more details, happy to answer any questions.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions   German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions  

German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions   German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions  

German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions   German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions  

German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: German M38 Para Helmet - After opinions

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to say the whole helmet is a reproduction. Stamps are incorrect and poorly done and the folding to the rim is incorrect.

I would return this for a refund. It is newer than 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

100% fake. I agree with all Ade has said. You can buy this thing everyday on ebay, freshly stamped out by the million in Hong Kong. You can see the red staining agent the faker used to age the liner on the liner band on one of the pics.

Not a difficult fake to spot at all, I'd return it and spend the money on Ken N's book

Thanks KradSpam and Adrian, to be fair on the seller they admitted it could be repo as they'd picked it up at an auction and couldn't verify the story. Disappointing but thankfully I didn't pay a fortune.

Even a small fortune could be worth trying to recover, but, if they said it could be a repo, they might assume you took the chance and lost out. Hard to say but you never know until you ask. I'd at least give it a shot, but that's your call. Nonetheless, welcome to the forum, and always (if possible) post before you buy. Happy hunting.