Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Para helmet

Article about: Hello all, I know the odds are slim as I've never even seen anything like it but came across this one and wanted to know it it had a chance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and all

Default Heer Para helmet

Hello all,

I know the odds are slim as I've never even seen anything like it but came across this one and wanted to know it it had a chance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and all opinions are welcome!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Para helmet   Heer Para helmet  

Heer Para helmet   Heer Para helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Para helmet
    P
    Many

?

William, this decal looks like pigeon head.

M38
    ?

This one is bad from the ground up. Nothing is real.

Cheers,
    Terry

thanks all. Anyone have a closeup photo that is clear of a pigeonhead decal for reference in this thread?

Hi William, this one really does stink!! The tri-colour is completely mis-matched in it's dimensions and as the other guys have said the adler is a complete duck! If your planning a chute jump soon do not plonk this one on the "ol noddle"!! Leon.

I don't know which is worse the Pidgeon head fake Heer decal or the old "bat head"fake army and navy buckle that floated around the mid 70's gun show's once in a while you can see one posted there is one on the buckle thread. timothy

?

If this helmet was the genuine thing, what unit/units in the Heer would have been jump trained? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head were the the Brandenburgers as a possibility?

Quote by FJR6 View Post
    If this helmet was the genuine thing, what unit/units in the Heer would have been jump trained? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head were the the Brandenburgers as a possibility?
    The Heer had paras before the war but they were all transferred to the luftwaffe.

The helmet is a complete fake of course.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Ah ok, thanks Jerry that was something I wasn't aware of but does nicely explain a photo I saw recently!

It is a shame there are so many fake helmets out there these days. I have a repro which far from exact I will never be able to afford the real thing so it keeps me happy having it as part of my collection knowing the likeness isn't a million miles away!

Thanks for the info

Jon