Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

This helmet has much more to say than a mint example

Article about: Nice combat damaged FJ.

Default This helmet has much more to say than a mint example

This helmet has much more to say than a mint example, if only it could talk. I first saw this helmet some 15 or so years ago in the collection of a good friend who lives in Normandie. He had it on display in his room in the hand of one of his American dressed mannequins....... it looked just like the "guy" had picked it up after a battle and was looking at the damge. I thought it really was a piece with a story to tell, but one that we'd never know. I have a few Fallschirmjager helmets in my collection and this is the one that grabs me every time. Some collectors may not like it and prefer a better of mint example but this one definitely has the been there seen it factor that others don't.
    I hope you like it.
    d.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This helmet has much more to say than a mint example   This helmet has much more to say than a mint example  

This helmet has much more to say than a mint example   This helmet has much more to say than a mint example  

This helmet has much more to say than a mint example   This helmet has much more to say than a mint example  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This helmet has much more to say than a mint example
    P
    Many

Default Re: This helmet has much more to say than a mint example

I like this sort of thing personally, depending on the pot. The display with the GI sounds pretty cool too.

?

This would be for me as well , a real piece of history , any idea which area in Normandie it originally came from ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul E,
    Unfortunately not, I got it in the Gavray area but as to where it was picked up I just don't know. I have always wondered if anyone out there was able to trace the soldier who's name appears on it.

Nothing wrong with a nice relic!...

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi Paul E,
    Unfortunately not, I got it in the Gavray area but as to where it was picked up I just don't know. I have always wondered if anyone out there was able to trace the soldier who's name appears on it.
    Whats the name Damien ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

D'love to have one like this, never was one for minty items myself. Wonder what that damage was caused by...

great relic.it is better than some mind helmets

As I read it the name is J.Masch 12 Kom, but others may read it dfferently. I must get some new glasses these are just not doing the job.
    D.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    As I read it the name is J.Masch 12 Kom, but others may read it dfferently. I must get some new glasses these are just not doing the job.
    D.
    Yep, i'd say either Masch or Mosch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast