Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Let's hope it's not another damn fake FJ helmet.. said by optimistic non expert.. hm

Article about: Hello experts Here's a new user with only few posts which can be "The good, the bad and the ugly" I would appreciate opinions on a FJ helmet and I hope that this doesn't offends an

Default Let's hope it's not another damn fake FJ helmet.. said by optimistic non expert.. hm

Hello experts
    Here's a new user with only few posts which can be "The good, the bad and the ugly"
    I would appreciate opinions on a FJ helmet and I hope that this doesn't offends anyone
    in case that it is an obvious total fake... and oops I haven't noticed it. I must admit that last time
    with my post I was lucky to buy a Luftwaffe M35 helmet with decal (I had only worst photos ever but it turned out all original)
    Dirty Harry would say that you gotta ask yourself one question: " Do I feel lucky? "
    Thanks for all the help and tolerance ;-)

Let's hope it's not another damn fake FJ helmet.. said by optimistic non expert.. hm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let's hope it's not another damn fake FJ helmet.. said by optimistic non expert.. hm
    P
    Many

I always have trouble with these, but to me it looks good. Terry G. is the resident FJ expert here. Hopefully he will chime in. Good luck, Jim G.

M38
    ?

Well it's definitely not an obvious fake, in fact I like most of what I see, but it is always iffy trying to make a call from photos alone. I do like the paint and the liner seems okay, along with the general shape of the shell. The straps have a funny looking color thread on some of the stitching and the rear maker mark/lot number on the shell is a little odd looking. The paint on the bolts does not match, at least on the rear bolts, and the liner is an early war liner in a late war shell so it may not be the original liner or bolts.

I realize this doesn't help a lot - ideally you want a total thumbs up - but this just isn't one you can call without an in hand inspection. I think it has a chance to be real - although monkeyed with at least a little bit - but that's the best I can do with what I see. What is the price? That would be a good indicator of good or bad too.

Cheers,
    Terry

Hello
    Thanks for your fast replies. The price is around 1300$ and it was found in USA actually in some flat resolution sale.
    Not much of an info actually. I hope to hear some more opinions about it. I could get better pics of the helmet if it would help.
    Price is perhaps "low" because it was bought cheap and the seller is not 100% sure about it. I hope that some "doctor" in matter could
    give a definitive judging without holding the helmet in hands..
    Can some fakes be that good that you need to see them "live" to be 100% sure?

Thanks again!
    Cheers

Hello, anyone else out there? I was hoping for some more opinions on this one.
    Maybe no one has any certainty about this helmet so they rather not speak about it?
    Is it possible that it is a so complicated matter of original or non original debate?
    Would be very thankful is some more info could be shared on this one..
    Thanks everyone

D.H.

D.H, I wish I could comment I have always wanted a m38,they are out of my price range and expertise. The 1300.00 price tag may be sending off bells to some because to price is so low. But if it is really that would be a great price. I hope other in the know will help.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

If it is a fake that would be a large mistake have too over come. Is there any thing that you have share to shed light on the helmet? Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Im not expert on these, but it has obvious wear to the rim but the leather is immaculate..im not sure the leather looks the right age...as stated im not an expert but just trying to look at this with open eyes...This would definitely be one for DougB to look over

It looks ok to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

M38
    ?

DH, I know you are looking for an absolute yes or no but it is just not possible from photos alone of an item that is not OBVIOUSLY good or bad. This is one of those. I can tell you for sure the liner is not original to that shell nor are the bolts. I can also tell you that something looks a little funny wih the shell stampings and the shape of the visor and the width of the rolled rim but these things all could be just a problem wih the photography. The price is ridiculous for a real camo para helmet, if it is indeed real it should be worth 5 times that much or more. If you buy it, get a return privelege and then have someone look at it who knows what they are looking at. I am a born sceptic with this stuff and there is good reason for that!

Cheers,
    Terry