Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted

Article about: hi,,,your opinions needed on this helmet,,thanks,<Robert Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted

hi,,,your opinions needed on this helmet,,thanks,<Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted   Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted  

Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted
    P
    Many

Default re: Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted

Hi Robert, more pictures are needed, but it has potential.

Cheers, Ade.

i tried to pos a pic of the eagle but it keeps coming out too small,,,any suggestions?...i have the Picarta photo storgage system and when i upload the pic after opening it,,its stays small??????????

Sorry no ideas on that one.

A good shot of the liner and helmet rim would be nice to see. Also a pic of the size and makers stamps to the shell.

Cheers, Ade.

I have a question that I can't find the answer to-Is this helmet based off of the M38, or is it its own model? Just curious, thanks!

I really like what I see so far. The pics Ade asked for will tell the whole story, but from what I've seen, I would be surprised if it wasn't real. If you can, show the straps and their hardware when you post additional pictures. Regarding the shell and liner size ink stamps on the liner leather, as is typical of period pieces, the numbers are not the same size as the letters, and not perfectly centered in the box, simply because the sizes were stamped after the box and lettering were already on the leather. The leather looks right, as do the pads underneath. The bird and spanner bolts look great as well. Nice find. Jim G.

Quote by Howitzer428 View Post
    I have a question that I can't find the answer to-Is this helmet based off of the M38, or is it its own model? Just curious, thanks!
    Hi, the Fallschirmjager M38 helmet evolved during the mid 1930's into this final shell design. Earlier trial versions included standard cut down M35 helmets and an earlier M37 pattern (ultra rare) which had slots in the rim to secure the chinstraps.

The liner bolts also evolved during the life of this helmet. This shows the early style spanner bolts. The final version was a simple slotted screw.

Cheers, Ade.

I also like it as genuine so far ,but needs careful study as these helmets are big money, and a fake can be bought for 40£s and another 10£s can fake it effectively.

Default Re: Luftwaffe Para helmet: opinions wanted

I don't know enough to comment on these helmets. All I do know is that you can now get a perfect reproduction made by FJ-WERKE for around £500. I worry about any helmet when the shell looks that good!
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 04-21-2010 at 08:51 PM.