Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M38 ???

Article about: Just when I thought the guys from the Ratisbon auction has their "sh-t" together....they post for sale something like this. Starting bid...\\$4500E. Yeah...I know, we all make mistak

Nick
    A "bad" camo is a different situation. Camo works are opined on, where as a bad decal is more than an opinion. It is fact more or less. They should not delete a camo from their auction due to outsiders opinions. There are some that might think this camo a period done helmet. However...they must have withdrawn this one, I don't see it either
    D

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 ???
    P
    Many

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Well spotted on the 'Cauli Claw' fake - i also think it is suspicious that the exact same fake is on BOTH helmets in the same auction. He often gets consignments in batches, so i'm thinking these are from the same source.
    It is a terrible decal. At least he has adjusted the listing to indicate it is fake.

There was a very bad winter camo, discussed over at GHW2 which, even when he was told it was a shocking fake, was left up for sale.
    I grabbed the pic from GHW2 as i can no longer find it on Ratisbons site.

Attachment 1341535
    There were some "minimalist winter camos", but this one Nick shows is a little hard to swallow.

M38 ???

Yeah...it's not looking very convincing
    D.

David , well spotted indeed the same eagle and most likely the same artist or heaven forbid someone stuck a fake decal on a good camo.
    These hairy fakes are not used often. It may be an older fake or one that didn't sell very well :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3