Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M38 authentication

Article about: Hello I have an opportunity to buy an M38 but I am not an expert or have any real experience faith Fallschirmjäger helmets. It is marked ET 71 with a batch number of 475. I would like to get

Default M38 authentication

Hello I have an opportunity to buy an M38 but I am not an expert or have any real experience with Fallschirmjäger helmets. It is marked ET 71 with a batch number of 475. I would like to get your guys thoughts and opinions on if I’m dealing with the real deal or a fake. Thanks in advance - Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 authentication   M38 authentication  

M38 authentication   M38 authentication  

M38 authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 authentication
    P
    Many

Looks good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Happy to be shot down by more learned members, but the 'ET' lettering doesn't look right to me (see pic below from my M38). That being said, this looks like a late war one due to the bolt pattern so it's possible this changed over time.

Does anyone else have a view on this?

MG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 authentication  

Appears to be a post war fabrication....nothing good here IMO
    D.

Yeah, I did not like the font of the ET 71 stamp, and wouldn't 475 be a very low lot number i.e. early production whilst it has late war-type bolts in it, but I'm prepared to be corrected.
    Luis
    And also, isn't a size 71 shell usually for size 59 liners?

In M38 helmets, the 71 shell holds liner sizes 59,60,61
    D.

Okay, thanks David, good to know
    Luis

Thanks for everyone’s replies! I thought there was something “off” about the stampings. Not being able to see the helmet in person made me very suspect of it being the real deal.

This helmet if it were original & period done in this configuration with either provenance or overwhelming positive opinions from the collecting community would be valued at $12K easy. Maybe more.
    Was the asking price near that ?
    D.

It was an an online auction and the seller messaged me saying that they would take $8,500 as a buy it now price which is a steep investment. If it was from someone like the ruptured duck then it would be a possibility. I messaged the seller back asking how they came across the helmet and never got a reply

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast