Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 FJ Check

Article about: Liner is repro On FB forum was told liner is repro (check) shell is real. About shell / eagle i have my doubts. Am i correct?? Its about from some pictures....

Default M38 FJ Check

M38 FJ CheckM38 FJ CheckM38 FJ CheckM38 FJ CheckM38 FJ CheckM38 FJ CheckM38 FJ Check

Liner is repro On FB forum was told liner is repro (check) shell is real. About shell / eagle i have my doubts. Am i correct?? Its about from some pictures....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 FJ Check
    P
    Many

Hello Harrie...you will receive more solid answers on this forum than on Facebook. Not going to discredit those who are very well versed on the subject there..but there are alot of unqualified posters there that know nothing about these.

Some of the Gents here will be along shortly to give you the most complete answers you are seeking.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The liner & straps are repro. Is the shell stamped anywhere ? Maker mark & size or lot#. From these pics...not discernible to comment on the shell. Also would like to see better pics of inside rolled rim.
    As far as "facebook"...something I have never even looked at, if someone guaranteed this shell original from these pics you have, they are far more experienced than me

Quote by real steel View Post
    The liner & straps are repro. Is the shell stamped anywhere ? Maker mark & size or lot#. From these pics...not discernible to comment on the shell. Also would like to see better pics of inside rolled rim.
    As far as "facebook"...something I have never even looked at, if someone guaranteed this shell original from these pics you have, they are far more experienced than me

I have 31 original FJ helmets. Butt Sometimes Iam to sceptical. I

Without "putting you on the spot"...how do you know the other 30 helmets are original if you had to post this helmet on facebook to determine if the liner was original ? The liner & straps are bad from 12' away. Did you not know the liner & harness were fake ?
    Just asking....
    David

My question would be what was it sold to you as? If it was sold as completely original M38 then already the alarm bells are ringing for the ihnenfutter as already mentioned. To me the shell looks ok, but if I owned a shell in reasonable condition I would not put a modern liner into it.

Hi Black Cat
    May I ask what details/features about this shell sway you to believe it looks OK ? Maybe I am missing something.
    David

Hi David,
    The rolled edge of the shell looks like the original M38, the colour appears ok, the decal may only be the residual of the back of the decal, i,e the face of the decal may have been removed. As said I would prefer to see the helm closer without the ihnenfutter inserted.
    I am also perplexed at Harrie having another 30, if all original then they represent a sizeable investment.

We shall see..

The shell seems fine... it appears to have the characteristic 'dip' on the front edge which the repro's fail to copy. the rolled edge also looks OK.

Quote by real steel View Post
    As far as "facebook"...something I have never even looked at,
    Your really not missing anything and is a social media toy depending who is on there. Your better off without it
    Unless you like viewing endless posts of people showing what they are eating.

Sorry for the slight derail

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast