Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M38 (perhaps)

Article about: In addition to the M40 shown on another thread I have what I think is an M38 paratrooper's helmet. Please evaluate this also as I will be looking to sell it once I better understand what I h

?

Default M38 (perhaps)

In addition to the M40 shown on another thread I have what I think is an M38 paratrooper's helmet.

Please evaluate this also as I will be looking to sell it once I better understand what I have.

The stamp is faint, it appears to be CKl 66 and the lot perhaps is 435 but I could easily be wrong. i will try and get a better picture of this if anyone requires it.

One of the hex nuts is missing. I will be going through the packing material tonight trying to find it.

Thank you,
    Michael Gauss
    Louisville, Ky

M38 (perhaps)M38 (perhaps)M38 (perhaps)M38 (perhaps)M38 (perhaps)M38 (perhaps)M38 (perhaps)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 (perhaps)
    P
    Many

You are correct in your id and it appears original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This one is a good no decal M38 Fallschirmjager helmet, also in excellent condition. The missing hex nut shouldn't bother you, it happened a lot. Jim G.

M38
    ?

Very nice indeed. The liner indicates shell size 68 so the stamping is probably ckl 68 not ckl 66 and there is most likely one more digit to the other number as it should be a 4 digit number. All in all a fine example and this one is worth considerably more than the other helmet you posted, but it would still be nice to keep all the family souvenirs together. It almost seems like your Dad picked both helmets right out of the factory, they are both in wonderful condition. How many of us can only wish their Dad had picked up such terrific souvenirs!

Cheers,
    Terry

Excellent helmet! I wish I could afford one of these

MAP
    ?

Fantastic unissued M38. Your Dad "chose wisely".

Once I would love to have in my collection!!!

Amazing this coming "out of the woodwork" after 70+ years...and looking like it was made yesterday

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice, do not sell this as your Dad took this and it should be more sentimental value with the other helmets IMO.

Matt

Now That is one Fine Paratrooper! Beautiful unused condition and beyond question authentic! You won't see one like this one again anytime soon! Thanks for posting it!
    (Keep hunting for that hex nut! Would be a shame to lose it at this late date!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

1st class.

?

I think that this M38 is one of the best i,ve seen in a long while, it would be a terrible shame to sell it , especially as it now has family history via your fathers excellent choice