Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 pics

Article about: Just wanted to share some pics of my M38 helmet, this was apparently a capture helmet in North Africa, all original except one of the chinstraps which is a reprod replacement. Cheers John

?

Default M38 pics

Just wanted to share some pics of my M38 helmet, this was apparently a capture helmet in North Africa, all original except one of the chinstraps which is a reprod replacement.

Cheers

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 pics   M38 pics  

M38 pics   M38 pics  

M38 pics   M38 pics  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 pics
    P
    Many

Shell & paint & especially the liner are beautiful. Any closeups of decal ? Not really necessary if you are confident the decal is good. But would be nice to see it

Thanks for showing

?

M38 pics
    Quote by real steel View Post
    Shell & paint & especially the liner are beautiful. Any closeups of decal ? Not really necessary if you are confident the decal is good. But would be nice to see it

Thanks for showing
    Thanks for your kind feedback - here is a pic of the decal.

Welcome to the forum John !

Twisting my neck (which I claimed I would no longer do) was worth it on this one. Fine decal, fine helmet. Nice to see a real FJ.

The right rear spanner bolt (may be) a replacement. But not really an issue. These bolts shook lose constantly & are often either lose or replaced. That is evident in lots of period photos & film footage & surviving examples.

Again...nice helmet !!

MAP
    ?

A nice example.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Welcome to the forum John !

Twisting my neck (which I claimed I would no longer do) was worth it on this one. Fine decal, fine helmet. Nice to see a real FJ.

The right rear spanner bolt (may be) a replacement. But not really an issue. These bolts shook lose constantly & are often either lose or replaced. That is evident in lots of period photos & film footage & surviving examples.

Again...nice helmet !!
    Great informed feedback, thx. I can't comment on the bolt, they all look the same to me, but don't have an expert eye for these details.

Could just be the lighting on the bolt...but instead of just saying.."Nice lid"..I find it more useful to give a critique if I can on what is being posted. Been wrong many times !!

One day...I will own of these fine helmets.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

M38
    ?

Looks like a nice example. RS may be right about the one rear bolt being replaced but it looks like it could be an original bolt and at least it still has some of the paint, just not as much as the others. If it were my helmet however, I'd take off the fake half of the strap. It does nothing to improve the overall look!

Cheers,
    Terry

Quote by M38 View Post
    Looks like a nice example. RS may be right about the one rear bolt being replaced but it looks like it could be an original bolt and at least it still has some of the paint, just not as much as the others. If it were my helmet however, I'd take off the fake half of the strap. It does nothing to improve the overall look!

Cheers,
    Terry
    Agree Terry

But John seems new to collecting from what I gather...I would do the same as you recommended about removing the repro section of the strap.... But I think he is happy with it as is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast