Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger

Article about: Picked up this M38 Fallschirmjaeger helmet with spanner bolts and a single laquered decal about six months ago and I'm having doubts about it. The seller gave me quite a lesson about it when

Default Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger

Picked up this M38 Fallschirmjaeger helmet with spanner bolts and a single laquered decal about six months ago and I'm having doubts about it. The seller gave me quite a lesson about it when I bought it and he seemed convincing enough at the time, so since I had never actually held one in my hands to really get the true feel of authenticity I went ahead and bought it. The decal looks crackled but I've seen this very same look in reference books - that doesn't mean much but that's what I had to go by. Now I was told this helmet could possibly be a post war Czech - would someone have pictures of one of these post war Czech paras that I could compare it to. I would appreciate any feedback whatsoever and I've included some photos for your viewing.
    Thanks,
    Frank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger   Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger  

Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger   Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger  

Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger   Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger  

Attached Images Attached Images Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger 
    Last edited by vegas82867; 09-14-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Change Title to be more specific

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger

I have some serious doubts about the liner and chinstrap. I am not very good with decals so I will leave that to others. I would need to have the helmet in hand to give an opinion about whether it is original or not.

What is it about the liner and chinstraps that make you have doubts?

Here's some extra photos of the chinstrap & liner.
    Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger   Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger  

Need some opinions - M38 Fallschirmjaeger  

I would send it back fast ,sorry Frank !!

The seller won't take it back - says it was too long ago now (6 1/2 months) he says 8 but the sale was made 2/26/09. I payed through paypal on my Amex and so I was able to file a fraud complaint with Amex, but I don't know if they will be able to do anything after all this time. I made a really big mistake. I'm embarrased to say I bought it on ebay - that's like the first rule to helmet collecting of what not to do. ebay suggested I report the guy to an online fraud agency and possibly escalate it by informing law enforcement. I feel like such a fool and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I could do? I also figured that the more replies from this forum that suggest the helmet is a fake than the more information I can submit to the fraud agency as some kind of proof. I could just kick myself.

?

98% of a ebay helmets are crap. Just a items for serious sellers and sometimes attic found items can be good
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Sorry to hear. Helmet is a fake from the start.