Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!

Article about: Hi all! I'm new to the hobby and new to the forum. I picked up a couple of items recently including this M38 FJ Helmet. ET 68. I would really appreciate some feedback regarding the helmets a

buy American made next time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!
    P
    Many

can you take a picture of the shipping box with his address?

MAP
    ?

To freely bastardize a quote of a Jedi...

"You will never find a more wretched scammer of scum and villainy. You must be cautious"

Especially as a new enthusiast in this hobby, yes, buy quality reference books but study the threads here in detail. You will learn quickly. And always, post here first. It is wise to miss out on the "must" have item than buy a fake.

Edit: I really have to proof read my posts. My fingers type faster than my brain can spell....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    can you take a picture of the shipping box with his address?
    Doesn't this guy sometimes never even send the item? Just takes the money and claims it was lost in transit?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

hardest part of this hobby is getting banged up from fellow collectors..not out of spite..but out of caring enough about the authenticity of a particular. artifact. The worse feeling in the world..is not being told the difference.

I dont know anything about these helmets and choose not to..but scammers are very prevalent in this hobby ..in all shapes, IDs ..and forms. The WRF is fortunate to have such members here to weed out these interlopers. Im not saying this is true in this case..but the truth will be found out in time in all things questionable .

Enjoy your stay here Mr. Sykes . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I think its the guy map, probally going to try and post it on the classifieds. I would hope so, I cant see anyone sending money over to Poland and hoping for goods. Personally what I do, If they are overseas like Poland, I know the goods are good, I would have them list it on ebay and give me the item number and once it shows up on my end, Ill buy it through ebay. Protects the little pennies I have!

I can only protest my innocence Mr Potts. When / if the para helmet arrives I will post my own photos of it to confirm (in)authenticity and the fact of my NOT being a craigslist con-artist.
    I wired 390 US Dollars to the gent's Warsaw bank account yesterday (hence I though I was getting the bargain of the century) but by all of your reckonings I have been scammed. I hope not, but it's not looking hopeful. I'll chalk this one up as beginners folly and sell whatever turns up as a repro to a London repro dealer I know when I'm next home (I recently moved to the U.S).
    Gutted.
    I also bought a panzer crusher cap, v 'salty', from an Estonian seller recently. Hopefully you guys can verify that for me when it arrives later this week. Thanks for all the pointers and advice - all duly noted.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Sykes27f View Post
    I can only protest my innocence Mr Potts. When / if the para helmet arrives I will post my own photos of it to confirm (in)authenticity and the fact of my NOT being a craigslist con-artist.
    I wired 390 US Dollars to the gent's Warsaw bank account yesterday (hence I though I was getting the bargain of the century) but by all of your reckonings I have been scammed. I hope not, but it's not looking hopeful. I'll chalk this one up as beginners folly and sell whatever turns up as a repro to a London repro dealer I know when I'm next home (I recently moved to the U.S).
    Gutted.
    I also bought a panzer crusher cap, v 'salty', from an Estonian seller recently. Hopefully you guys can verify that for me when it arrives later this week. Thanks for all the pointers and advice - all duly noted.
    I would not hold out much hope that the helmet actually arrives unfortunately. This is the way this scam typically works.

Ok, I'll take your word I'm just mad people like you getting ripped off. If I came off hard on to u I'm sorry. I just thought you were him. You should try and cancel that wire or something. You know the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true, well..??.. sorry about your loss and your other cap will be a fake too. If your looking for anything real or what have it, let me know and I'll see what I got. Just please be careful and don't feed these people money unless you go through someone here first.

?

Mate I think you copped a bit of an unjustified hiding by some forum members, I had no doubts you bought it in good faith.....do a search on Mr Novak on this site and you'll see what type of scam artist he is, infamous really, and I really do hope the helmet does arrive to you repro or not.....
    We all get bitten in this hobby at one stage or another.....knowledge is power and there are plenty of threads you can search thru to compare next time....
    Best of luck with your next purchase

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast