Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!

Article about: Hi all! I'm new to the hobby and new to the forum. I picked up a couple of items recently including this M38 FJ Helmet. ET 68. I would really appreciate some feedback regarding the helmets a

Default New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!

Hi all!

I'm new to the hobby and new to the forum. I picked up a couple of items recently including this M38 FJ Helmet. ET 68. I would really appreciate some feedback regarding the helmets authenticity. It all looks sound to me, but, as I said I'm really no authority.
    It was picked up by a metal-detecting enthusiast in Poland who himself bought it from a fellow collector. The gent sent me some photos of his other helmets, edged weapons and various ground dug items and on that basis I saw no reason to doubt his guarantee of the FJ helmets provenance.

Be great to hear from you guys,

New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member needing FJ Helmet authentication help!
    P
    Many

?

I'm a little concerned there is no tool mark around the folded edges of the inside of the helmet
    .....on originals you will see a imprinted "line" running along the fold

It because it is fake.

?

The repros don't feature this tool mark, the lack of this tool mark is a huge red flag and cause for doubt

Yikes! Thanks for the input guys. Is there ANYTHING hopeful about this piece? I'm afraid I haven't got any better photos at the moment. This is a nightmare for a newbie. Guess I'll have to invest in some illustrated guides before I fork out any more money online

You can always post good photos here before you ante up the cash and buy it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I have two repor FJ lids in my collection to fill holes, this is a total repro that somebody has artificially aged and mocked up, most of these lids are coming out of China or Pakistan aimed at the re encators, but as always there are those out there who age them up to deceive...

- - ------- - -

It would certainly make a re enact or happy or a simple place filler
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-01-2015 at 03:51 AM.

This is the same stupid helmet that has bin posted in the Portland Oregon criags list for years. This guy is a joke! he knows it's crap.! GET THIS LISTING OFF Craigslist, tired of looking at it

and it pisses me off people come here saying... ÖH I JUST GOT THIS"" blah blah, stop your bullshi*%T and get out of here, you are wasting people's time..how long has it bin on craigs list? ...lost count over the years!

grrrrrrr

im over it, sorry had to vent

I knew I saw that helmet somewhere.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast