Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

One look/ genuine fj helmets!

Article about: On the site of blue gray relics he has two Fallschirmjager helmets one with a bit of liner: http://www.bluegrayrelics.com/greatwar/index.html It is helmets like these that I have bought over

Default One look/ genuine fj helmets!

On the site of blue gray relics he has two Fallschirmjager helmets one with a bit of liner:

http://www.bluegrayrelics.com/greatwar/index.html

It is helmets like these that I have bought over the years that my gut instinct told me that these are genuine battlefield relics, and untampered with and i would be happy buying with out handling them first. Unlike the luft chicken wire helmet on ebay at the E Bay moment for over £600 which a lot of the guys feel has been tampered with and is not exactly what it says it is..Even i was impressed with the helmet at first, but its one i would like to see in the metal before money passed. On thinking about it further surely the wire would have been in worse condition as this helmet shell is in very poor condition and the luft decal is virtually worn away with wear?

Do the guys agree with my gut feeling aboiut the two Fallschirmjager relics and would they be confident in them without seeing them in the metal first?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One look/ genuine fj helmets!
    P
    Many

Default Re: One look/ genuine fj helmets!

The FJ helmets are original. But don't go on "gut feeling" alone: educate yourself as to why these are original. Some collectors rely on something being in relic condition as almost a safety net simply because they cannot differentiate between good or bad.

But don't trust all on that site: the so called "NSKK" helmet has a decal added over the rust pitting is you look closely. (The decal is RAD anyway) Also one of the rounds shown has been discussed on the forum and is a total fantasy fabrication.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks adrian i will take your advice .im now down to typing with one hand after getting my wrist broken in assault.

Jan
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Fallschirmjager helmets are original. But don't go on "gut feeling" alone: educate yourself as to why these are original. Some collectors rely on something being in relic condition as almost a safety net simply because they cannot differentiate between good or bad.

But don't trust all on that site: the so called "NSKK" helmet has a decal added over the rust pitting is you look closely. (The decal is RAD anyway) Also one of the rounds shown has been discussed on the forum and is a total fantasy fabrication.

Cheers, Ade.
    Well put once again! Learning is a process of trial and mistake and we are all here to learn

?

His historical knowledge about the Battles where things were alledgedly recovered is very poor and has anyone heard of a King Panther before !!!

Trouble with relics is that unless you are buying direct from the digger or someone with knowledge of the digger and find area then they could be from anywhere , funny how they are always from famous battlefields !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Jan
    ?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    His historical knowledge about the Battles where things were alledgedly recovered is very poor and has anyone heard of a King Panther before !!!

Trouble with relics is that unless you are buying direct from the digger or someone with knowledge of the digger and find area then they could be from anywhere , funny how they are always from famous battlefields !!
    Mostly Carentan

Rgds Jan

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Mostly Carentan

Rgds Jan
    Indeed Jan , every Fallschirmjager helmet from Normandy has got to be FSJ Regt 6
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Jan
    ?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Indeed Jan , every Fallschirmjager helmet from Normandy has got to be FSJ Regt 6
    True Paul, we are the lucky ones who know were most of the dug items are from because we can authentificate it ourselves. I always collect pictures and data of the find as found or bought. When buying battlefield relics documented context is everything as in archaeology in general.

Rgds Jan