MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion please

Article about: Came across this para helmet, it has a reproduction liner and band, which is about 1-2 sizes too small. Before the "fantasy item" comes in to play, interestingly enough it has been

?

Default Opinion please

Came across this para helmet, it has a reproduction liner and band, which is about 1-2 sizes too small.
    Before the "fantasy item" comes in to play, interestingly enough it has been re-painted, albeit a few years ago, but the paint is over the uncleaned rusty helmet surface as you can see in the photos, and peels/scratches off with my finger to reveal the rusty surface underneath. Anway, it is marked CKL71 and number 3892, according to research and info from German-Helmets.com ET (later known as CKL) were almost exclusive makers of these paratrooper helmets. Any constructive thoughts or opinions pleaseOpinion pleaseOpinion pleaseOpinion please
    PS: the bolts and nuts appear genuine also, but I cannot take a clear enough picture or read the mark on them with certainty.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion please

Hi Allan, sorry, not original. Note the rim and how it is folded? It lacked the "line" made by the folding tool.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Abe, I have been trying to find an example (rim and line) like you said both here in the forum, and on the internet but no luck. Any suggestions where to look so I can compare and "put that knowledge in the old memory bank". regards AL

Ade not Abe lol, it's ok though because people make mistakes

Hi Allan, don't worry I answer to most names LOL.

Here you go. A pic of my Fallschirmjager M38 helmet. You will seen the fold line on it. (Double click on the pic to enlarge it.) This will always be present on an original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion please  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

A new breed of fake is trying to replicate the fold line but it's still identifiable as a fake so be careful.