MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?

Article about: Hi experts! I need your excellent knowlege about this M38 Fallschirmjäger helmet. A colleague offered me that helmet with the information that the shell is genuine, liner and chinstrap are r

Default Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?

Hi experts!

I need your excellent knowlege about this M38 Fallschirmjäger helmet.
    A colleague offered me that helmet with the information that the shell is genuine, liner and chinstrap are repro.
    Is that true?
    Lotnumber and manifacturer stamp aren´t visible any more.
    The shell is a 66 one.

thanx

regards from the Oktoberfest
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?   Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?  

Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?   Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?  

Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?   Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original M38 Helmet with repro liner and chinstrap shell original?
    P
    Many

As you can see from the rust pitting, this is a "ground dug" relic. As such you wouldn't expect there to be any original paint / leather / rubber / aluminum left.
    Someone has done a 'passable' job at restoration ( refinished paint and the screws are replacements as well ) so if the price is reflective of that, it would be a good fill-in piece as complete original examples of M38s are in the thousands of $ these days......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "