Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Original steel helmet spanner bolts?

Article about: I picked these up locally, they were \\$10.00 a piece they looked "right" to me they needed a bit of oil. I did not want to remove any patina, i just put a light coat of oil on they

Default Original steel helmet spanner bolts?

I picked these up locally, they were $10.00 a piece they looked "right" to me they needed a bit of oil. I did not want to remove any patina, i just put a light coat of oil on they to preserve them. They look well made to my eye so any opinions would be appreciated. Original steel helmet spanner bolts?Original steel helmet spanner bolts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original steel helmet spanner bolts?
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Not WWII German. I've seen these before, maybe in post war German para helmets? Not sure about that but they are NOT pre-1945. The nuts are way too thick, the shoulder under the head of the bolt is wrong, the thread may be wrong can't tell for sure from what little we see in the picture. Also, the slot/vent style of bolt was only made in aluminum not steel.

Cheers,
    Terry

Yeah...these are way off. No steel vented, slotted bolts as said in prior post

Thanks to both M38 and Real Steel, I found the exact same bolts on some 60's-70's era paratrooper helmets used by both Germany and Belgium. I collect all era paratrooper helmets so maybe I'll have a use for the bolts yet. Lucky for me $40 is not to savage a burn!

You are lucky in that you did not pay current market value for originals, only to find out they are not period made

In order not to create more themes. Please your opinions on these, likely post war...

But would like to understand why. Thanks!

Original steel helmet spanner bolts?Original steel helmet spanner bolts?Original steel helmet spanner bolts?

M38
    ?

Hard to tell for sure from photos alone. The paint is likely post war but I think the bolts and nuts have a pretty good chance to be original WWII vintage.

Cheers,
    Terry