Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Single Decal mdl. 38 Fallschirmjager helmet

Article about: by SteveR Yep that is the liner that was with it. The Bikers dad had brought it home. He was an airborne fellow during WWII. The biker wasn't the brightest bulb in the sign. I think drugs ha

Default Re: Single Decal mdl. 38 Fallschirmjager helmet

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Yep that is the liner that was with it. The Bikers dad had brought it home. He was an airborne fellow during WWII. The biker wasn't the brightest bulb in the sign. I think drugs had a lot to do with that.
    I have a size 71 DD M38 FJ helmet that has a small liner in it as well. Mine is battle damaged, with a long non-displaced concussion crack on the dome, and death cut straps. The liner and straps were in the shell when I bought it in 1994 and look like they have been there since the War. I just think that the guts of the helmet were field replaced by the Fallschirmjager who wore the helmet for whatever reason. I have no doubt that the liner and straps on my piece were in the shell when it was cut off of the head of the unfortunate original owner. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Decal mdl. 38 Fallschirmjager helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Steve, thanks for showing it. I remember seeing this one years ago.

I never noticed the straps before, but it is an easy fix to just undo the back two spanner bolts and then cross the straps and re fix.

Cheers, Ade.

SteveR, an absolute stunner !... it has already been said but i'll say it again, nice to see an original, which is getting quite difficult these days with the dross thats being banded around...you saved it from a fate worse than death !
    Thanks for showing, Prost! Steve.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, thanks for showing it. I remember seeing this one years ago.

I never noticed the straps before, but it is an easy fix to just undo the back two spanner bolts and then cross the straps and re fix.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. Like I said Scotch whiskey will cause odd things to happen. I slapped it back together in the 70's and never thought anything about it. I drank a lot back then. Hell now that I think about it I drink a lot now too.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Thanks Ade. Like I said Scotch whiskey will cause odd things to happen. I slapped it back together in the 70's and never thought anything about it. I drank a lot back then. Hell now that I think about it I drink a lot now too.
    As my Ole Grand Dad always said - "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" Cheers, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 08-14-2010 at 03:13 AM.

Great helmet any collector would be lucky to have one like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2