MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake

Article about: Hi folks, I believe this to be an original ww2 German paratrooper helmet, would appreciate people's opinion on its originality? Thank you in advance.

?

Default ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake

Hi folks, I believe this to be an original ww2 German paratrooper helmet, would appreciate people's opinion on its originality?
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake   ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake  

ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake   ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake  

ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake   ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake
    P
    Many

Somewhat of an "oddity". The paint looks odd...possibly due to lighting. The shell is a late CKL 68 which looks original. Spanner bolts do not belong on this late produced M38. Liner is original. Straps ??

From the pics, "possibly" repainted , original slotted aluminum bolts expected replaced with spanner bolts (possibly repros) & liner replaced after paint job.
    However...either better pics are needed or hands on to evaluate the odd paint. Basically, not a "well balanced helmet" & one I would pass on.

I agree with Dave. The shell, liner and harness are real, but probably have not been together since the War. The bolts may be repros and the paint certainly appears to me to be new. In my opinion there are too many liabilities if you are considering it for purchase. Jim G.

Now that I have become obsessed with this helmet, I need to see the CKL font. I am having reservations about the shell itself. Though the inner rim is rolled & pressed, looks too neat.

Correct CKL 68 font & batch # & folded & rolled rim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 Fallschirmjager helmet original or fake  
    Last edited by real steel; 01-13-2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: incorrect opinion on straps

The strong contrast between the condition of the leather parts and the condition of the steel shell and paint is an alarm bell.

?

Thank you for all the responses. Educational as always. I was keen on purchasing the helmet as well as an SS parade helmet which I also believe to be an original but I will take everyone's advice and pass on the Fallschirmjager and be patient for a better one.

I will upload the SS one for your opinions if you would be kind enough to make a comment. It's a Vulkan Fibre helmet, which looks good to me but I've read that they were mass purchased after the war too so I'm weary. The decal does look good to me, having the fat runes but I am still falling for fakes.