Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.

Article about: I have had my green eyes on this one for quite some time now - and I think that I am in need of some pro assistance in order to determine whether this helmet is a yay or a nay. Chris

Question WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.

I have had my green eyes on this one for quite some time now - and I think that I am in need of some pro assistance in order to determine whether this helmet is a yay or a nay.

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.   WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.  

WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.   WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.  

WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Paratrooper Helmet.

I like it but wait for more opinions

Dont know much about helmets but if I saw white stitching in the liner like that on a worn buckle alarm bells would ring in my head JMO
    Ben

Thanks guys
    I will wait for more replies.
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 09-21-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: I forgot an "s".

?

Im afraid i dont like it, there are too many minus points about it, the liner for one appears new and artificially aged, the straps also have very little wear on them, i dont see any makers marks but theres no photo of the internal rim, this does not neccessarily mean the helmet itself is a replica but until the marks can be found and more importantly a guide line as to price, if this were a completely genuine helmet in this overall condition you would be looking at £7k upwards

Hello davejb.

I have very little knowledge about this type of helmet and it was difficult for me to find images for comparison online. The pricetag says 3,5 K which is fine by me, but if there are too many a red flag, I´ll pass on this one and look towards something else.
    Thank you so much for your help.

?

To be honest that does sound pretty low for a "original M38" that is in this condition, but would also be extremely high if it were proved fake, to be on the safe side see if some of the other guys offer an opinion, i would definately like to see some makers marks, but i dont get a good vibe about this one, i believe there are some posts on here re M38s, have a look through the forum and see what turns up

Quote by davejb View Post
    To be honest that does sound pretty low for a "original M38" that is in this condition, but would also be extremely high if it were proved fake, to be on the safe side see if some of the other guys offer an opinion, i would definately like to see some makers marks, but i dont get a good vibe about this one, i believe there are some posts on here re M38s, have a look through the forum and see what turns up
    I just contacted the seller asking for clear photos of makers marks.. and a few other things

I wonder if the liner has been replaced at one time?

Teutonic, yeah, that´s what I asked the seller in my recent email - as well if other parts have been replaced or, ahem, repaired in some way

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast