Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your expert opinions :)

Article about: Good morning gentlemen Thanks for the replies - they confirmed my suspicions. Because I was suspicious I took it apart because I wanted to see all the components as well as see what they did

?

Default Your expert opinions :)

Evening folks Can I have your expert opinions on this one please. I took it apart so I can picture all the components and will post them as I process them. Here are some pics of the shell, the color might be a little off as I am still learning how to use my camera and the flash settings. I will load as many as I can, and will take specific photos of areas if needed. Thanks in advance for the information - I am trying to learn as much as I can, so any technical pros / cons as to authenticity is welcome. I have read a lot on helmets on this site but it would be great if I could get some specific technical feedback for this specific set.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your expert opinions :)   Your expert opinions :)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your expert opinions :)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Your expert opinions :)

Your expert opinions :)Your expert opinions :)

?

?

Modern reproduction with fresh rust

?

Your expert opinions :)Your expert opinions :)Your expert opinions :)

?

Here is another picture against a darker background, the rust shows more vivid (more red) in the pictures posted previously against the white backgroundYour expert opinions :)

?

Quote by Munich View Post
    Modern reproduction with fresh rust
    Thanks, getting a reply early on saves me the time taking a bunch more pictures

Munich is correct.

Several problems with it. Note the liner is constructed incorrectly and is sewn together with the seam running lengthwise instead of side to side. Also note the font to the size stamps to the shell.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I also agree with Ade and Munich, its an Indian reproduction as I received one in my collection many moons ago. The liner was exactly the same, seam running the wrong way and it had the same maker and batch number. Has been aged to most certainly deceive and you can also see where they stopped with the liquid on the inside shot of the shell.

In the future if you do get an original German helmet, standard or Fallschirmjager, please dont take it apart!

Cheers
    Jason
    Last edited by VolksJager; 05-06-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Added info

Thank god it isn't an original by tampering with it you would have destroyed so much value and originality,as mentioned by Jason,if in doubt always leave until you recieve opinions here first...........Jake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast