Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen

Article about: Another one of my pick ups this weekend. Looks unissued and in extra fine condition. Cloth backing is in mint condition as well with now fading of the colors. Appears to be some minor glue r

MAP
    ?

Default Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen

Another one of my pick ups this weekend. Looks unissued and in extra fine condition. Cloth backing is in mint condition as well with now fading of the colors.

Appears to be some minor glue residue on the back of the patch from where I guess it was attached to a veterans souvenir display (or a collector).

I have a difficult time telling good from bad on these, so if it is a stinker let me know. But it looks good to me. I did buy it from a very reliable source.

Regards,

Michael

Cloth FallschirmschützenabzeichenCloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

So been doing a bit of digging on these. I unfortunately do not have reference book just for parabadges. Saw a link to WAF that Jerry posted on another thread.

The link had 6 pages of examples. I did not realize that there were so many variations.

So my question. Why so many variations? Were the machine embroidered from a template? Or were they machine embroidered by hand, thus accounting for all these variations?

Would also love it if anyone would like to confirm if mine is legit

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There were many different makers of these. Hence all the variations in design details.

They were machine embroidered.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Mike,

I've been looking in Tom Durante's book and this is a match for the cloth 'Luftwaffe type 1' design which is defined by the round eye of the eagle and the rearmost talons of the feet forming a discernible pincer shape. The wreath shape regarding the length of the leaves and spacing also complies with the criteria as defined by him. Although these were machine made, they were produced by individual operators and as such variances are to be expected.

There are 7 types of cloth Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen listed, and yours is one of the more common ones, there are also bullion examples made for officers but these are extremely rare and very hard to authenticate with direct provenance seeming to be critical in the acceptance stakes.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

like you I also have trouble with these type of badges,but like this one.

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Mike,

I've been looking in Tom Durante's book and this is a match for the cloth 'Luftwaffe type 1' design which is defined by the round eye of the eagle and the rearmost talons of the feet forming a discernible pincer shape. The wreath shape regarding the length of the leaves and spacing also complies with the criteria as defined by him. Although these were machine made, they were produced by individual operators and as such variances are to be expected.

There are 7 types of cloth Luftwaffe Fallschirmschützenabzeichen listed, and yours is one of the more common ones, there are also bullion examples made for officers but these are extremely rare and very hard to authenticate with direct provenance seeming to be critical in the acceptance stakes.

Regards, Ned.
    Ned you are the fount of knowledge. I would buy you a pint or more if you were on this side of the pond for all the help you've freely given.

Thanks so much.

Michael