MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth insignias and badges Fallschirmjager

Article about: Question: I'm wondering how prevalent are reproduction of the cloth varities badges and insignias? Even thought sellers say they pass the light test, I'm sure there is/are available to dupli

marshaltroop
    ?

Default Cloth insignias and badges Fallschirmjager

Question: I'm wondering how prevalent are reproduction of the cloth varities badges and insignias? Even thought sellers say they pass the light test, I'm sure there is/are available to duplicate these. Some just look to new. There is a Fallschirmjager cloth badge for sale below, that just looks to new and the backing, not what I've seen in originals, were the yellow thread is thicker and shows through. Is it real?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Cloth insignias and badges Fallschirmjager

I think you can safely say almost every badge has been copied in the past 40 odd years.

The blacklight test is not conclusive at all. Older fakes may glow. But there are items which are made today which do not glow. Too new looking can mean fake, but not always. An original but well stored example will look new but will exhibit very subtle age upon close examination.

The cloth Fallschirmjager badge is much copied and has been for many years now. These are a study in their own right and one which I have not made.

Cheers, Ade.

marshaltroop
    ?

Default Re: Cloth insignias and badges Fallschirmjager

I try to be carefull on these, so far have several, always wanting to add more. But one that is for sale here, looks to good to be original. Something is missing, or is it just me?