Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen das Heeres FLL

Article about: Hello All, This came from a little vet group along with a couple of other near mint examples (Heer Flak and IAB) It really is in good condition and I believe attributed to FLL The pin looks

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen das Heeres FLL

Hello All,
    This came from a little vet group along with a couple of other near mint examples (Heer Flak and IAB)
    It really is in good condition and I believe attributed to FLL
    The pin looks like a replacement as it is extra long (not uncommon on Juncker badges) and I haven’t seen any examples with this sort of long pin.
    Notice how the retaining pin is out of the block hinge. But as this is how it came I thought I would leave it.
    It is my belief that this may be a period replacement.

All the best
    Doug

It is my vaseline you can see!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen das Heeres FLL   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen das Heeres FLL  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen das Heeres FLL   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen das Heeres FLL  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen das Heeres FLL
    P
    Many

Very nice looking Heer Fallschirmschützenabzeichen! It´s a "FLL" attributed badge and it is listet in Tom Durantes book as type A. I am not sure with the pin, but it is really extra long.

Thanks for showing Doug.

Regards
    Joe

Thanks for your input Joe.
    Do you know I am still not sure about the pin.
    I have come across a few of the Juncker examples that have an elongated pin fitted.
    I am just wondering if it was an accepted upgrade down at the old Jewelers shop.
    If you look at most originals with the short pin I can see that most just about catch the hook so have got to have been prime candidates for popping off the jacket?

Anyway back to the pin that is fitted. It looks quite tightly curled and there is not the particular foot that pushes in to the back of the badge to give it tension.
    I think the pin poking out of the hinge barrel is more than likely a good indicator that something has gone on in the past.

I guess we will never know the original reason...

All the best
    Doug

a great example of a rare badge.