Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi, could you please give me your views about the pics of this para badge, thanks, Juan

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hi, could you please give me your views about the pics of this para badge, thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Not really my area of study but I do not see a problem with this one. Small soldered on barrel hinge with soldered on catch with round catch plate. Although most of these are found with a flat wire catch, this one appears to be made of round wire. It is possible the catch has been repaired. Possibly ask for a better photo of the catch.
    I also suggest you wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-04-2015 at 12:29 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

looks a good one to me too.

Thanks, could you please give me an idea of what a fair price would be for this badge?, thanks, Juan

I agree with everything Ralph says, especially about the catch. It also appears that the pin has been repaired at some point judging by it's appearance at the hinge end and signs of it also having had heat applied much like around the catch base.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I can't see much of any problem with the badge, but the Catch hook is not right. Osang Para's are heavily faked and almost have to be 100% dead on or else they are suspect. I see discoloration beneath the hook-perhaps it's been replaced?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm not surprised there may have been a repair.
    The wear to the raised sections of the adler shows that the badge was not a show pony and probaby got hooked up many times if worn in combat actions. A broken catch or bent pin would be par for the course!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, I am with the gents on this one, the catch and hinge certainly appear to have been repaired, but in comparison to the level of wear on the rest of the award they look to be contemporary/period. Leon.

Good morning gents,

i agree too, that this kind of catch normaly have nothing to search on Osang para badges. As William have pointed out, Osang para badges are heavily and very well faked. This kind of catch is often to see on Osang para fakes....based from this pics i am not 100% sure how to spot this badge. I am personaly, would pass this badge when i look on it.

Pics for comparing from an "textbook" Osang para badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Thanks guys, I highly appreciate your comments, I have bought it, it is not mint, but I quite like it and also not very expensive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast