Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe real or copy

Article about: Dear Members, I am thinking of buying this badge what do you think. I have just started collecting German badges so need all the help I can get. Thanks to the members that replied to my last

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe real or copy

Dear Members,
    I am thinking of buying this badge what do you think. I have just started collecting German badges so need all the help I can get.
    Thanks to the members that replied to my last post.

Regards,
    Shane
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-05-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe real or copy
    P
    Many

Glad your entering the hobby. Just be aware it can be a mine field, and please keep your guard up 👍

Hi Shane,

It's an original all zinc Assmann badge, the transition from any main tombak parts; even the rivets, complete. I personally would wait for a better example, this one may have problems with cracking around the wreath in the hinge area, but the pic's don't expand to be sure. It may also have undergone an attempt to repair this, but I can't be certain there either. Certainly the zinc rivets have been peined over in an attempt to tighten them. This badge is getting towards the low end of desirability, but if cost is an issue here then it's up to you.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dear Ned,
    Thanks for the info, what would be a good price to offer for this badge.

Regards,
    Shane

It's not the policy here to suggest a price mate, but to be honest I wouldn't bother if it were me. There's potentially some serious problems with this badges condition as I've already touched upon. If you must have it, take a look around dealers sites for prices on something similar, allow for the rough condition of this one effecting the price and pay what you are comfortable with. I would advise you to wait for a better example to come along whilst saving a bit more money to get a better one, as these badges are by no means rare. It will be worth the effort and wait.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dear Ned,
    Thanks for that will wait for a better one.

Regards,
    Shane

Hi, late on this one, must have missed it, but as already advised but the illustrious Ned-meister, wait for a better one. It is original, but in a very sorry state, the bird sadly may fall of it's perch at any moment! Leon.