Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?

Article about: Adrian said it excellent imo. It is for sure not a copy.It`s a badge attributed to the Company of Steinhauer & Lück and my opinion is going also to be a post war production as Adrian men

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?

I just got this basically for nothing so I took my chances knowing that it has a high chance of being a repro due to its color and no makers mark. Any help will be much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-15-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Photos rotated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fallschirmjäger Badge Real or Fake?

I don't like this one the catch looks funny to me please try and post CLEAR pictures of the catch and the metal hook

?

Some better pics would be nice from now on man. But here is the first one so nobody hurts their neck! lol I cant help with originality, but Best of luck and welcome to the forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  

?

Hi Afrika and welcome to the forum.

We could really do with some better photos but from these I would say it stands a chance of being an original Steinhauer & Luck badge. If you can post some better images to show the rivets from the back as well please it would be good.

I'm sure Joe will be able to help more when he sees the thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hopefully that's better and sorry about the quality of the photos, my cameras broken so im using my phone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe - Real or Fake?  

By the way thanks for all the welcomes!

?

What's the white on the reverse covering the rivets?

Here's some more

?

Those pics are much better!

Now I'm looking at it more closely I believe the components are S&L but I'm not sure it is a wartime made badge. I have a feeling it is a post war assembled badge, the rivets are hammered to hold the eagle to the badge which is found on original pieces if the eagle becomes loose but in this context I think it was how the badge was put together. The pin bears a scrape on the top part where it bends. The scrape is indicative of post war assembly as identified by Thomas Durante who wrote the book on the Para badge. Wartime pins have more of a dimple as opposed to a scrape.

There are other collectors here who collect these badges and will be able to help more when they see the thread so wait for their more informed opinions but in my opinion, worst case scenario is a post war assembled piece using wartime components, except for the pin.

Well I'll keep my hopes up!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast