Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe value?

Article about: Hey guys, I have this fellow that has this badge for sale. I've been looking online they seem to be going for around 1000\\$ but he's only asking for 500\\$. So i'm a little worried about it bei

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe value?

Hey guys, I have this fellow that has this badge for sale. I've been looking online they seem to be going for around 1000$ but he's only asking for 500$. So i'm a little worried about it being real and maybe i'm over pricing it? Curious to see what you guys think. thanksFallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe value?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe value?
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-15-2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe value?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe value?

I'm not convinced by it to be honest. There are members here who know these badges better than I do but I can see differences between this one and an accepted original Osang badge.

Details on the eagle, the rivets, makers mark, catch, trimming outlines are all a concern for me based upon these images.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Uneven swaztika and strange eagles head are making me think you have a fake !!

I am with Adrian on this one also. But Ned would for sure know.

Quote by octavian View Post
    I am with Adrian on this one also. But Ned would for sure know.
    Not me, that's Adrian and Joe!

I have to agree with m'learned colleague in the beige slacks though, it's a bad 'un. Everthing he points out is correct imo, especially the bird and hardware, they're 'off'. It actually looks like one of the several Osang types that Staegemeir fakes in various different set ups and finishes.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The wreath is bad, the feathers are bad, the clasp is bad....so on and so on!

Thanks guys I really appreciate your replies, you guys saved me a few hundred dollars today!

Not me, that's Adrian and Joe!

I have to agree with m'learned colleague in the beige slacks though, it's a bad 'un. Everthing he points out is correct imo, especially the bird and hardware, they're 'off'. It actually looks like one of the several Osang types that Staegemeir fakes in various different set ups and finishes.

Regards, Ned.
    True Ned. Adrian and Joe know their FJ and other various TR items hands down. But you too i have respected your analysis' on various pieces.

I can only agree with the guys!A well known fake badge.

KR
    Joe

You have the right instincts. $500 for a FJ would be outrageously underpriced. Osang made some very high quality badges, and the workmanship on the eagle alone on this one is a huge red flag.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast