Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres - No Maker Mark

Article about: Well folks, what do you think. I welcome any and all comments. Thanks... Frank

Strewth, you guys slay me.... just when I think I know what is good and what is bad you all go gooey over this one.

Lucky I don't collect qualification badges, I would've gone right in boots n' all with a big thumbs down as being a bad cast fake!!
    So, why is the quality of these so unlike the crispness of other badges ( especially Junkers? ) with such a soft head & wreath and rough swaz??

Damn, I'm so confused now, I think I'm gonna stick with my equipment and relics .........

Ol' man Dan.
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    The tallons of the starting badge have cut outs. I think it is the first time for me, that i see an zinc APB from Juncker with this details. Are coming these badges sometimes with this detail?

Thanks in advance

I too noticed that Joe, and it's also new on me. I know that badges were often 'customised' by the recipients, cut out grass areas on PAB's, swastikas, gaps between eagles wings and legs on many other badges all drilled and filed out with varying degrees of skill. But this looks to have been done on the factory bench, the silver finish covers the carefully detailed work done. Some firms were noted for going that extra mile in making some of there products stand out from the herd, take a look at hand finishing on various dagger makers crossguards and fittings for example. But this is the first time i've seen this kind of hand finishing on a Juncker Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres that appears factory done. I wonder why it was so, maybe a test piece for an apprentice, but who knows?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Ned for your spotting!

I am asking so stupid, because i don`t know how many books, forums etc. i have searched in the last days for Juncker zinc Army paras. I know of course from the cut out´s examples of the Panzerkampfabzeichen, Infanteriesturmabzeichen and so on, but i couldn`t find no example with this tallon shape at Juncker zinc badges.

Looks for me too factory made and on the other hand i like the badge too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12