Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen G H Osang, Dresden real or fake?

Article about: Hi to you all... I have a badge in sight that I want to buy but I am doubting if it is a real one or not... Unfortunately these are the only pics I have right now. Can anyone help me anyway?

?

There is also another one on that auction site but it is much cheaper and i really do nu know why that is... Maybe because of the other maker? Unfortunately i do not have a picture of the back side of this one...

A Third Reich Luftwaffe Paratrooper

- - ------- - -

There is also another one on that auction site but it is much cheaper and i really do nu know why that is... Maybe because of the other maker? Unfortunately i do not have a picture of the back side of this one...

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/wallis-and-wallis/catalogue-id-srwall10038/lot-6f0f4c39-fb5b-4475-bd0a-a5d100d1a33d

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen G H Osang, Dresden real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by RPMK View Post

- - ------- - -

Without a reverse shot showing details of the hardware and any makers mark you're wasting your time. They're just getting too good at faking these to make a call on this single photo.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I am more a collector of the earlier Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, but based on the not best pics quality i tend also to a original Osang para badge. But the finish is looking a bit odd on this pics. Can be come from the pic quality, they are not made under daylight imo. The wreath is looking also silvered and not blackened. IMO a badge you shoult have in the hand to feel more comfortable.

Regards
    Joe

Well looking at the other items in auction they all look to be good examples.
    The pictures on all the items seem to have been enhanced and are really bright.
    The Juncker para (I know what you mean Ned about good copies) looks like a good type 2.
    The Karneth night fighter looks okay and the unmarked ball hinge glider pilot but these things are all needed to be seen in hand or take a chance.
    It is a pity that I am on a course learning about radiation in old military artefacts next week otherwise I may have levered myself out of the mountains to have a look.

All the best
    Doug

Great discussion gents, for what it's worth, I think that this is a good original that has had the Adler re-finished. The tip of the wing on the reverse appears to match in colour to the nearest rivet. I think that is the original finish and the brighter gilding is later??
    Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fallschirmschützenabzeichen G H Osang, Dresden real or fake? 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2