Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?

Article about: Hello fellow Collectors! I found again a piece of junk (or not) in one of my antiques drawers. I collect K.U.K stuff but i am not too familiar with 3 Reich badges... or at least i am not a e

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?

Hello fellow Collectors!

I found again a piece of junk (or not) in one of my antiques drawers. I collect K.U.K stuff but i am not too familiar with 3 Reich badges... or at least i am not a expert who can tell fakes from real ones.
    This Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL came out from a Art deco desk when took the drawers out. It was in a paper bag.
    I have no idea about the family where i got the desk from so i am sorry i cant provide more background informations.

I would appreciate your help if i am not asking for too much. l. Your Knowledge is huge and i want to learn as well. Kind regards from Austria
    Rivanius

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen GWL real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi, sorry, but that one is a cast fake, the "pitting" from the casting process is very clear on the reverse. Leon

Hi Rivanius,

You can forget this one, it's a cast fake. Note the pitting on the wreath and eagle, that's not what you want to see on an original GWL Luft Para badge. The hardware is also incorrect.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Both Leon and Ned have hit this badge on the head.
    When I looked at it I knew I had seen it somewhere before and although I haven't got any photos I believe this is one of the cast badges that was surprisingly produced in Spain in the mid 80s.
    I remember adding one to my repro collection and found that the plating is very heavy. I warmed it up..the inner filling (either zinc or lead) came pouring out leaving a spider like casing.

All the best
    Doug

Thanks a lot to you guys. I expected the fake news already, was actually expecting the "repro" news.
    But thanks to your knowledge i can be sure now.

Thanks

Rivanius