Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show

Article about: Hi, hope you like this Paratrooper badge! It's Nickel-Silver and I think might be the 'Type G' (1941-42 made), from reading elsewhere. (The case is a copy.) Best regards, Paul

?

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show

Hi, hope you like this Paratrooper badge!

It's Nickel-Silver and I think might be the 'Type G' (1941-42 made), from reading elsewhere.

(The case is a copy.)

Found some information online, it's probably well-known (this is my first FJ badge, I'm a novice with these!) but I'll share it here for interest, hopefully it is correct!

"The initial regulations stated that the wreath of the badge was to be made of oxidized Neusilber. Neusilber, also known as nickel silver, is an alloy of brass and nickel, and does not in fact contain actual silver. Oxidizing nickel silver darkens it and gives it an antique look. The eagle was to be made of gilded brass.

The company Imme & Sohn from Berlin used a capital J instead of an I for their maker marks, as was often done in Germany at the time. No badges made from zinc have been found by this maker, which likely means that the company only produced these badges prior to 1941/42. Instead, the badges are all made with a brass eagle and a nickel silver wreath. One of the tell-tale signs of Imme badges is the fact that, contrary to regulations, the company left their wreaths silver instead of blackening them.

Imme had a close relationship with another Berlin-based company, Juncker. Imme badges can be found utilising Juncker eagles and/or wreaths. Unlike the Imme wreaths, the ones by Juncker are sometimes blackened.

There are two distinct eagle designs, both of which can be further subcategorised into two variants due to specific die flaws."

If anyone has any information (or can point me to a link) of further information on the history of this firm I would be interested.

Best regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show  
    Last edited by PaulW; 06-15-2019 at 03:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen - JMME / IMME to show
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Nice IMME type G ( Juncker parts ) to me also in great condition , thanks for showing .

Stunning !! My favorite maker of Luft badges.
    This might be the nicest I ever saw.
    D.

?

raz / real steel, thank-you for taking a look and glad you like it!

I've been looking at FJ badges for a very long time and finally 'pulled the trigger'. It's for an FJ fliegerbluse that has had to suffer a filler badge (copy) for far too long!

Best regards, Paul

It's a gem

MAP
    ?

Missed this. I'd have this in my case any day of the week
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice indeed.

I have one by this maker (my only one!)
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Humble/ MAP/ Adrian - appreciate you taking a look.

Best regards, Paul

Stunning JMME FJ badge I've really gotta get myself one of these Regards, Paul

TWS
    ?

Outstanding example of a JMME badge.

I only have Assmann examples in my own collection - one each of two different versions.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast