Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?

Article about: Hi Guys, I have come across this Fallschirmjager Badge that is unmarked, but looks that it was produced by Osang, due to its typical catch, pin, rivets set up. Also as you can see there is a

Smile Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?

Hi Guys, I have come across this Fallschirmjager Badge that is unmarked, but looks that it was produced by Osang, due to its typical catch, pin, rivets set up. Also as you can see there is a letter from the owner of the Badge, no idea what it says, by the way. As usual, your comments will be highly appreciated, Best Regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Osang?
    P
    Many

looks like a good been there badge.

It's an all zinc Juncker J3 that's typically unmarked in my opinion. Although the pictures aren't the best and I would request better ones if you're thinking of buying it, everything seems to look right from what I can see. Wait out for Joe or one of the other guys to comment though.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, I remember this one being for sale at Hiscoll Military Antiques a while back. Mario is a good dealer to buy from, if indeed it is still him selling this one. A good and nicely worn award. Leon.

Hi Ned, I have seen this web link and by the looks of it you are spot on mate. Nevertheless the design is very similar to Osang, isnt it?, between a CE Juncker zinc Badge and a Osang zinc Badge, which of the two is more rare to find?, regards, Juan
    A Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger by C.E. Juncker | eMedals

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's an all zinc Juncker J3 that's typically unmarked in my opinion. Although the pictures aren't the best and I would request better ones if you're thinking of buying it, everything seems to look right from what I can see. Wait out for Joe or one of the other guys to comment though.

Regards, Ned.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi Ned, I have seen this web link and by the looks of it you are spot on mate. Nevertheless the design is very similar to Osang, isnt it?, between a CE Juncker zinc Badge and a Osang zinc Badge, which of the two is more rare to find?, regards, Juan
    A Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger by C.E. Juncker | eMedals
    Hi Juan,

If you look at these badges by JMME & Sohne you'll find an even closer match as they used a lot of Juncker parts for many of their badges across the board. As far as the minutae of which zinc Luft Para badge is rarer, I'm afraid I don't know if there really is any difference or not. It's a very complicated area and knowledge is limited on who shared what parts and where they were used, for instance I remember seeing an Assmann style eagle on a Luft Para badge that was stamped with a genuine Juncker makers mark, I don't know if that was ever figured out! Maybe Joe knows more about these makers who shared parts?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello gentlemens,

Ned is right. It´s an unmarked later war badge made by Juncker. In Tom Durantes para book the so called type G with the round wire catch. Full zinc made badge.

Regarding resemblance between badge designs. The S&L eagle design is similar to the Juncker design. In the para section used IMME and Deumer parts from Juncker, but they are uncommon and not often to find.

Regards
    Joe

Hi Leon, indeed that is the seller, in the description he mentions that this Badge is in his opinion an Osang unmarked and together with that letter his marking price is 700 Euros. Now that we all know that this is in fact a Juncker as both Ned and Leo have explained, do you think this has an effect on that price?. I am not sure if that price is correct or not though, could you please advise?, Best Regards, Juan
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I remember this one being for sale at Hiscoll Military Antiques a while back. Mario is a good dealer to buy from, if indeed it is still him selling this one. A good and nicely worn award. Leon.