Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, Osang

Article about: Hi Gentlemen, here is a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen made by Osang. I might buy it. For a zinc made it looks in correct conditions to me (I like it at least a bit worn). Do you agree it's an

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, Osang

Hi Gentlemen,

here is a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen made by Osang. I might buy it. For a zinc made it looks in correct conditions to me (I like it at least a bit worn). Do you agree it's an original one with no red flag?
    I just would like to be sure.

any comment is welcome.
    regards,
    Pierre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, Osang
    P
    Many

I just received some uncensored pictures that allow a better overview…

Hi all,

Do someone has an idea if it is an original one or not? It looks good to me but always scared to get burned …

thank you,

Pierre

raz
    ?

Hi Pierre , sticking my neck out here but I will say that if this is a fake it is a good one . I would like better close ups ( if you can get them ) of the eagle as the pics shown are not real clear when I blow them up so it looks a little soft. Also the mm is blurry to me and should be a good strike . The catch I think , is bent out of shape . Would be good to know if the hinge is brass , I can't tell . Wait for others to come along but it may be a good type-A . I know this didn't help much but others are looking and hopefully can be more conclusive .

This example appears to have a raised maker's mark, this can only be found on originals, as far as I know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

raz
    ?

Ralph, in Durants book on para badges it actually states " The maker mark is always stamped on he back of the eagle and generally located in the center. The mark was applied after the eagle was struck and therefore its exact location and angle can vary between examples ". It also states it was struck deeply into the reverse . The pics to me are blurry and does look like they are raised letters but they are not . Raz

Quote by raz View Post
    Ralph, in Durants book on para badges it actually states " The maker mark is always stamped on he back of the eagle and generally located in the center. The mark was applied after the eagle was struck and therefore its exact location and angle can vary between examples ". It also states it was struck deeply into the reverse . The pics to me are blurry and does look like they are raised letters but they are not . Raz
    Thank you.
    Even reference photos are so difficult to tell sometimes.
    I do not have Thomas's book as I do not really have any connection to the Luftwaffe, except for the Flak badge.
    As I've said before, you learn something every day.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

I echo the sentiment that if it's a fake, it's a damn good one. My two FJ badges are both Assmann but I have other Osang badges and the maker mark looks pretty convincing.

Thomas Durante is pretty active on WAF. If you are a member there, throw it up there and he'll probably comment. If you're not a member the $ fee is worth it to keep from getting burned.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you all again. I posted as well on WAF and Thomas Durante stated this badge is an original so I bought! ;-)

I should post more detailed pictures for the record when I have it.

regards,

Pierre

Hi all,

It took a bit of time but I've been delighted to receive last week the only Christmas present that I had to buy myself.

It is as I like it: worn but still in nice conditions.

It seems there is an inscription on the reverse I guess "III 2"? Maybe the identification of a unit?

best regards,

Pierre